Monday, January 06, 2014

GOOD TIMES... Summer (Part 119i)

GOOD TIMES... Summer (Part 119i)

The girls (Jean and Anne) ran down to the water to see Sandy and to plead for a ride while Elle and I loosened the straps that held our Sunfish on the trailer. It was the first time I’d been truly alone with Elle since we were back from the picnic. I wanted to hear her explanation as to why Sandy had been wearing her shorts since I’d noticed them on her and now, with the revelation by my daughter about Sandy’s ”mishap(s)“, I really wanted to know what happened. Elle tried to slough off my request but when I told of Jean’s ”tattling“ she looked at me with one of those faces that pretty much said ”OK... I give up“ and started in.

Long story short (and I know I’ve said that before...)... When we all first got to the picnic area we’d decided to give Sandy a tour of the place. While we were doing that she’d had a sneezing spell (that I was unaware of). After I’d gotten saddled with working at the Bar B Que pit they continued on. Sandy had another, worse, sneezing attack and that’s when she made the ”puddle“ that Jean had so eloquently emphasized to me. Elle, not fully believing me when I’d told her that the porta potty debacle from the prior year’s picnic had been solved, decided to bring along a spare pair of shorts and panties just in case. She left them in the station wagon hoping that she wouldn’t need them. Sandy was very embarrassed and Elle told her she had spare clothes in the vehicle and sent her out to the parking lot to change. When she returned she told Elle she had allergies but for some reason they were particularly bad that day. I also had bad allergies so I knew what it was like although I’d never wet myself. Over the years I traced mine to the pollen from oak trees. The only vegetation in the picnic area were clumps of scrub pine trees. They looked more like bushes than trees. By the time I saw Sandy in Elle's shorts over two hours had passed and she seemed to be OK. Then, when we took the kids for the last rides of the day, Sandy had another attack while riding the merry go round. Elle had told me she’d gone to use a porta potty but, embarrassed again, she’d returned to our area and waited for us to return. I, anxious to leave, hadn’t paid that much attention to her and hadn’t noticed that she was wet. Hearing Elle tell me about it I couldn’t help myself and a soft bulge started in my bathing suit.

By then the kids were clamoring for us to get the boat down to the water so the talk about Sandy ended. I remember being mad that I’d missed all three of Sandy’s accidents as we carried the boat to the water. I also remember Sandy standing by her boat and me visualizing her peeing like she must’ve done that morning. It was difficult to hide my bulge.

We had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon sailing. The wind was perfect for Elle to skipper the boat without problems and we ended up taking Kaye for her first sail. As we were leaving some of my old racing friends stopped by and gave me a ribbing about the Sunfish. There were still six Comet class sailboats at the club and I did have a bit of remorse for having sold my boat. It was sitting there on the beach which didn’t help matters. One of the guys spent some time trying to persuade me to crew for him the next day but, somehow, I resisted. In leaving, Sandy mentioned that her husband would be at the club the next day and hoped that we’d be back. Before I could say anything Elle killed the idea saying we had too much work to do at home... which we did... but I would've liked to have come back.

I couldn’t wait to get the kids to bed that night. I wanted to continue on with Sandy and her ”accidents“. I had to really put pressure on Elle to even pick the subject up again.  I made her a promise that if she did I wouldn’t bring it up again, ever. Even though some of her friends knew about her incontinence Elle was always reluctant to talk about it with them. What had happened back at the picnic was that Elle felt so badly for Sandy she half admitted that she had a problem too but it wasn’t until after Sandy had changed into Elle’s shorts. When Sandy returned she asked Elle why there had been two pair of panties rolled up in the shorts. Now it was Elle’s turn to be embarrassed. When she’d taken the panties out of her panty drawer she didn’t pay any attention to which ones she took and the cotton ones she chose were the ones she wore at night. When Sandy asked she remembered and immediately realized that they were probably very stained. At that point Elle wanted to stop talking about the situation but I kept on pressing her. She went on to tell Sandy that she had a night time problem ... and that she often ”dribbled“ after using the toilet... and that was why she had two pair of panties because she’d found that wearing the two of them seemed to handle that problem. Then it was Elle’s turn to be surprised because Sandy admitted to often having the same problem. With that Elle made a motion that she was sealing her lips, rolled over and away from me.

I had a lot to think about while going to sleep. Still mad that I’d missed Sandy’s ”problems“ at the picnic I lay there conjuring up thoughts of times to come that might lead to me witnessing some in the future. I made sure not to mention Sandy and the previous day focusing on the chores that needed to be done. One of them was to get all our things from the picnic out of the station wagon and put away. I also wanted to vacuum the floor pads. Elle had taken the kids to the beach a few times and all the sand from their feet was piling up. That annoyed me to no end with the station wagon being our ”good“ vehicle.

To be continued...  

1 comment:

oldblue said...

I hope someone left you a surprise.