Monday, January 13, 2014

GOOD TIMES... Summer (Part 119l)

GOOD TIMES... Summer (Part 119l)

Still feeling guilty the next morning (Saturday), I suggested that we all go for a ride. When I’d gotten the loan money I’d set aside money for clothes for Elle. We’d gotten her the new bathing suit but Elle really wanted some new shorts and tops. My first thought was taking her to Judith’s boutique but I’d also seen an ad in the local weekly paper about a new clothing store in a town a little further East of Judith’s place. It was in the same town where Elle’s father kept his fishing boat and also where the marina where my brother worked was located. I thought we could make it a journey by showing the kids where their other grandfather worked and for them to see one of their uncle’s. Hearing that we’d be doing some shopping won Elle over in spite of her not getting to do the weekly wash.

The first stop was at Judith’s. Nothing had changed. Clothes were literally stuffed into her cramped space. It was good to see her again but the shopping truly wasn’t a pleasant experience. Elle did see a dress that interested her but what she really wanted was new shorts and tops. Judith’s ”jumble“ just didn’t interest her. As we were leaving I told to put the dress aside and I’d get back to her in a few days. As always, she smiled as I walked out the door.

The next stop was the new store. I’m not sure of the name but it was like ”One Stop“ or something along those lines. As we approached it Elle saw something in the window and so did I. It was one of those old time stores with the door set back from the main sidewalk and display windows on both sides leading up to it. In a way it was deja-vu all over again, like when Elle had spotted her new bathing suit. She had her eyes on a cute short set. Walking up to the door I spied something that I liked... it was a little plastic sign sitting on the floor of the window display that read ”Modern Globe/Lollipop“. That sign, right on top of the discovery that the company was now making nylon satin panties, made my day. No longer would I have to think about driving some 60 miles to have access to them as they could be purchased less than 20 miles from home. The interior of the store was completely the opposite of Judith’s place. With about the same square footage, the clothes were displayed so that they could be seen and appreciated. If I were to guess it probably had about 1/3 of the merchandise that was stuffed into Judith’s.

I had the sense of deja-vu again when the lady told Elle they didn’t have the short set in her size. This time it was Elle who spoke up and asked her what the size of the outfit in the window was. This time the experience was completely different. The lady, with a smile on her face, went right out into the window space and brought the mannequin inside. I know Elle was holding her breath. She went to her knees and peeled the shorts off. While still on the floor she looked up at Elle and said ”size 10“. With that, I heard a little squeal from Elle.

While she was trying it on I got the attention of the clerk and asked if they had gotten in any of the nylon Lollipop panties. She hesitated and gave me a bit of a look before answering. She went towards the back of the store but I didn’t follow. She was back in less than a minute with a pair in her hand and gave it to me asking if this is what i was looking for. The feel was exquisite... a really nice nylon satin. I then asked her to put six pair aside and that when we were ready to leave to add them to the total but to give that package to me and to try and not let my wife see it. I remember her looking at me, then the kids and then towards the changing room. She really wasn’t sure what was going on.

When Elle walked out with the short set on I loved it immediately. Th top was really nothing more than a bra with red piping and embroidered flowers all across the front. The shorts fit her like they were poured on her. As soon as she turned around I could see the VPL and it was great. She thought the shorts might be a bit tight but I reminded her that that set was the only one that would come close to fitting her. She accepted my assessment and started looking at some sleeveless cotton tops. She looked so good in it I told her she should wear it out of the store. She shook her head in a negative fashion and told me it was for my eyes only.

                                               

I had to sweat getting the panties out of the store without Elle seeing them. Thankfully, Kaye was fussing by then and she had to pick her up and when she did the lady handed me the small package of panties. I snuggled it up next to the bag with Elle’s clothes, carefully keeping it right next to me. Even though it was a little early for lunch, we’d ”bribed“ the kids to be good by promising ice cream. It was a short walk to the luncheonette run by one of Elle’s high school classmates. After we ate we headed for the marina where my brother worked.

A while back I told of a visit from Elle’s college roommate and her husband and how he’d bought a sailboat and come up with a scheme to make money with it. In so doing, the company my brother worked for was supposed to handle the charters. Personally, I thought it was a bad idea and was curious to ask my brother how much success he’d had. What I got was a great big laugh out of him.. People who were interested in charters wanted a much bigger boat with amenities. This boat was but 22 feet with no provision for keeping food cold or for cooking it. Plus, there was no ”potty“. He told me that he’d rented out for day sailing but that was it. He looked at Elle and I and told us we should take it out. By then the kids had reached their ”limit“ and as much as I wanted to we had to head home. I told my brother we’d get back to him and probably do it.

To be continued...


                                     

No comments: