Wednesday, January 22, 2014

MORE GOOD TIMES... August (Part 120b)

MORE GOOD TIMES... August (Part 120b)

The wind never really did pick up which was a bit of a disappointment. It would’ve been perfect for the kids if they'd been with us. We still enjoyed the day on the water, especially me. Elle’s idea of the “test run” had been a good one not just for that but we found some things that would help us when we actually had the kids. As we put the boat away and were about to leave, the guy who owned the outboard we’d been able to use saw us. I hadn’t thanked him so I got in my belated “thank you“. He told us that his boat was there for the using and that the marina office had the key. It was kind of funny because even as much as Elle and I loved sailing we also enjoyed ourselves that day when we used his boat. There was one positive about the outboard... we didn’t have to worry about the vagaries of the wind.

We picked up the kids and were home well before supper time. To complete my day I'd persuaded Elle to leave her bathing suit on and without the suit panties. It seemed like I had a permanent “soft” bulge. Arriving home, Elle found a package on the picnic table from Pat (the PTA lady). It was a dress pattern and some material. It was sort of a test for Elle so Pat could check her sewing ability before turning her loose on an expensive gown. She wanted to get started right away but I got her to hold off until the next day. I wanted to see her out and about in the yard where I could get some really good panty peeks to continue a really good day. I told her that, with Jay due at the end of the week, I had to go get the shutters she wanted and have them painted before then so I’d be busy all day and wouldn’t “bother” her. She smiled and agreed to wait. It was an enjoyable evening!

As I had mentioned, the shutters had been salvaged from the demolition of some older area houses. They were actual working shutters in that the louvers worked and they could be flipped open or closed. Because the man who owned the salvage yard was a member of the church Elle and I attended he gave me a “deal“. Since I didn’t have any use for the hardware (hinges) on them he was willing to sell the shutters at half price if I would return all of it to him. It meant a little more work for me but it was going to save me money.

It was noon before I could even think about painting what with having to remove all the old hinges. I had to get through many layers of paint to get to the screws. We’d decided on forest green as the accent color against an all white house. Initially, I’d been against the idea but it had grown on me and with Jay to help install them I was now exited to see how they would look once they were up. I wasn’t really hungry but Elle made sandwiches and persuaded me to take a few minutes off. Elle and I ate out on the patio while the kids dined out at their playhouse. She showed me her progress on her sewing project and projected she’d have it done before going to bed. With both of us involved in projects I wasn’t as tempted to go looking for Elle to ”play“ even though we were about as alone as we could be with the kids still at home.

Painting all the louvers took more time than I’d expected and I didn’t finish up until after dark. After cleaning up I came into the kitchen and found Elle, in just her bra and panties, holding her ”creation“, a print dress. It caught me by surprise because it was a rare sight to see her that way in any other room than our bedroom. She saw the look on my face and laughed. Then she told me to stop staring and to go get the ironing board so she could finish the dress up. I told her I would if she’d let me have another picture. I got one of her typical ”looks“ and when I didn’t move I remember her saying ”Hurry up! I want to get finished“. The camera was right around the corner in the den and she actually posed for it which also surprised me.
                                            
I got the ironing board set up for her and we stood there talking about her ”trial run“ for Pat as the iron heated up. Pat had been contacted by a woman who’s daughter was getting married on Labor Day weekend and wanted her to ”oversee” the process of making sure the the bridal gown and the dresses of the attendants fit properly. Elle wasn’t sure how many attendants dresses there were but Pat was lining up help. Elle thought it’d be fun, especially since she didn’t have a big wedding or dress and, because of my travels when training the horses, she missed out on all the weddings of her friends. Once the iron was hot she, still in just her bra and panties, started ironing. I didn’t ask permission for the next picture.
                                            
We had a choice of either Wednesday or Thursday to take the girls out sailing in Big B’s boat. Elle wanted to get the dress to Pat first thing in the morning, hoping to get a passing grade on her effort. She was worried because she hadn’t done much sewing since becoming pregnant with Kaye. She told me that it was almost like riding a bicycle in that it took only a short time for her to get comfortable at it again. I told her that if she got back before 11am we’d all go sailing. While she was gone I touched up a few places where I’d missed while painting the louvers on the shutters. It was almost noon when she returned but without the kids. Pat had approved her work and had invited the older girls to stay and play with her daughter. They, given the choice of staying and playing with a friend or sailing, chose to stay. I was disappointed. Ginger (the milkman’s wife) had been at Pat’s at the same time and had her youngest with her. Kaye, our youngest was definitely a “mommy’s girl” and when Ginger offered to take her home to play with her daughter she shocked Elle when she said she’d go. That meant it was just Elle and I for the afternoon. :-)

To be continued...

1 comment:

oldblue said...

She is smiling in both pictures so I believe she enjoys teasing you as much as you enjoy the panty play. Great and the best yet, so natural.