Friday, May 16, 2014

FINISHING UP... the year (Part 124j)

FINISHING UP... the year (Part 124j)

I wasn’t in the best position to take advantage of the ”show“ but I got a fairly good look. It wasn’t good enough to tell what kind of panties she was wearing but I did get a bit of a look at both the front and back crotch line. Once it was determined that she was OK everybody cheered. Jerena, never one to shy away from attention, promptly took a bow and walked away with her gift. The next memorable ”event“ was when Bret called Trish up to get her gift. As he handed it to her he told her that her gift was special and because of it she had to open it in front of everybody. Trish was the exact opposite of Jerena, not wanting any attention at all focused on her. The group started clapping, calling for her to be a ”sport”. After a minute she finally started to unwrap what appeared to be a ball. It wasn’t. It was a fairly large lump of coal which brought out immediate laughter. Bret took the opportunity to sort of explain the reason. I’m not sure many people understood but she sure did. The best way to describe it was “Payback is hell!” and that was Bret’s way of getting back at Trish for getting him to play Santa. (NOTE: I tried, right up until I left the bank, to find out just what Trish “had” on Bret but she never did explain it)

When all the gifts were dispersed, Bert made another announcement. Lena, his secretary had moved up along side him and was holding what looked like a shoe box. He said he had a token of appreciation from the bank and that Lena would be at the back door when the employees left to hand them out. A majority of them stayed after 5pm which told me that the whole idea had been a success. As usual, I was among the last to leave and Lena was still by the back door. She handed me my envelope and I smiled and wished her a Merry Christmas. I still, to this day, don’t know why I didn’t take a look in the envelope until I got home. Actually, I didn’t... Elle did. I thought it was a Christmas card so gave it to her to add to her card display. When she opened it something dropped from the card and onto the floor. I stooped over to pick it up and when I saw what it was I knew it would be a very Merry Christmas. It was a check for over $300.

A little background... The bank had a history of giving a year end bonus. For those who’d been employed for the whole year it was usually 5% and was paid as part of the last paycheck of the year. I started in March of the previous year and when I got mine felt that I’d been short changed. They had a policy of only paying half (2 1/2%) to those who started after the first of the year and nothing to those who started after July 1st. Because I felt strongly about the unfairness of it I took it upon myself to express my concern to the Trustee who was chairman of the salary committee. At the same time I also mentioned that the timing of the payment would be much more appreciated if it came before Christmas. He wasn’t upset with my observation but he also didn’t say anything to indicate that he agreed with me so, more of less, let the thoughts die. Now, it was obvious he’d taken the idea up with the whole Board and they had made the change. The only question, and not important at that very moment, was did every employee get some sort of bonus.

I remember the two of us holding on to each other and dancing around in circles. The girls thought we'd gone crazy. The one thought I remember was that now I’d be able to buy some nice Christmas presents for Elle. Even though she’d given up the money for them to buy new clothes for Sophie, our old neighbor, I still had managed to get a few rather mundane things for her. This money would change that. The overriding problem was that I only had  a few days to buy them. It was too late to order anything from the catalogs so I was on my own. My first thought was to go to my old friend, Judith, and her boutique. I just had to find a way to get there without Elle knowing.

Once we got past the excitement of the check and the money I did manage to ask Elle how she’d made out in her visit to the fabric shop. JoJo, the owner, had suggested french terrycloth and Elle had purchased a small amount. We agreed to give it a try after the kids were in bed. While she was doing that I took a look at the material and it looked like it would work. I laid a pair of Sandy’s panties over a piece of stiff paper and made a pattern of the crotch area. I was in the process of cutting a piece of the material when Elle returned. She was as excited as I was. However, once I had the two pieces cut and tried to insert them between the nylon layers of the panties I had a few problems. First, the two pieces of terrycloth were thicker than the Spanky Pants crotch that we’d used in our first efforts and wouldn’t fit through the hole I’d cut. The second problem was that they wouldn’t stay together like the Spanky Pants ones that were sewn together at both ends. I got the sewing machine out and Elle went to work. I enlarged the hole in the panties and after a short while I set about to insert the finished product into the panties. It took some effort to get it to lie right and then Elle hand sewed in place.

Even though they were for Sandy and a size 4, I tried to persuade Elle to slip them on over her own panties. She wouldn’t do it but I didn’t give up. I ran upstairs and rooted through her panty drawer and found the Modern Globe size 5 panties that I’d bought during the Summer. When I reappeared she wanted to know where I’d gone and when I held out the panties she frowned. I probably shouldn’t have told her that they were the exact same kind that Sandy had brought over but that they were her size, a 5. Then she wanted to know where I’d gotten them. After explaining that she gave me one of those looks that said I was “nuts” while shaking her head from side to side.

It took less than half the time that it had taken to make up Sandy’s. Again, I asked her to try them on but she deferred saying that she would when we went up to bed. There wasn’t much I could say but did ask if she was willing to make up another pair for Sandy. She said “No”, that she wanted Sandy to try the one’s we’d just made first. So, we watched some TV before heading upstairs. As I got up to follow her I spied the Polaroid camera on my desk. It was loaded with film in anticipation of Christmas pictures. Since Elle had promised to try on her new “dribble panties” I wanted a picture of her in them so the camera came with me.

The panties fit her like a glove, actually fitting better than the Evette panties we’d used in our first attempts. Actually, it was the first time she’d tried the Modern Globe panties. As I ran my hand over them I was truly impressed with how sexy the satin finish felt. By then Elle was tired and wanted to get her “package” on and into bed so didn’t have much patience with me. I knew that I’d be "pushing it“ in asking for a picture but I did anyway. I was told ”No way!“

Armed with the bonus money, I knew that I could ”barter“ with Elle and that’s what I did. However, she wouldn’t let me have a body shot and I had to settle for a crotch shot. In looking back on it, it was the perfect one for the time.
Modern Globe "dribble panties"
To be continued...  


2 comments:

oldblue said...

Been gone. Back and all caught up, great posts as usual and loved the uppie along with the rest.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the direction back to the "dribble panties." Very exciting... and they look great!
My wife is funny, she prefers cotton panties, while I like nylon and satin. Maybe I can try a "reverse dribble panty." ha!
Thanks again... love it. sara e