Monday, May 19, 2014

FINISHING UP... the year (Part 124k)

FINISHING UP... the year (Part 124k)

As excited as Elle was about us having our own (real) house there was one thing that ”bugged“ her. Even though the previous owners had done a lot of remodeling, some of their choices, when it came to colors was... well... hmmmm. One of my father’s favorite sayings when people would make some questionable choices when it came to fashion was ”They have all their taste in their mouth.“ As far as the colors for our downstairs bathroom were concerned, that was truly the case. Pink wall tiles with puke green for the fixtures. She’d dropped hints for the whole year and I’d pretty much ignored her. To get the picture that I closed out the last post with I promised that I’d get the fixtures changed after the first of the year.

I still had three days of vacation due me but had actually run out of time to use all of it. The bank had a ”use it or lose it“ policy and, by that Thursday, there were only three days left before the ”busy period“ began and where no vacation time was allowed. Bret, with seniority (time wise) over me had put in for the day after Christmas and I had resigned myself to that. Hobie, as a vice president, had put in for the two business days prior to Christmas which meant I’d lose the three days vacation time. Up to that Thursday morning I had no real ”need“ for any time off but now, wanting some time to get to my friend  Judith’s boutique to get Elle some gifts without her knowing, I did. I ended up contacting Hobie and asking if there was any possible way to get a half day off either that afternoon or Friday afternoon. I guess it was the holiday spirit that had been generated at the previous day’s ”get together“ that led Hobie to let me have Friday afternoon off. I did have to barter with Bret to take the extra hour on Friday night but it was a small price to pay.

Right after lunch hour on Friday I headed East. Judith, as usual, was glad to see me and her face really lit up when I told her I needed something extra nice for Elle. It took her less than a minute for her to disappear into her store room and return holding an absolutely beautiful bath robe. I didn’t need for her to show me anything more (especially after she told me the price). I had her wrap it up in nice Christmas wrapping. While she was doing that I took a look in the lingerie area of the store. It seemed that it was still in the same disarray it had been the last time I’d been there. I couldn’t miss seeing the distinctive blue Van Raalte boxes which gave me an idea.

When I’d gone looking for the Modern Globe panties in Elle’s panty drawer to make up the pair of ”dribble panties“ for her I realized that she hardly ever wore the van Raalte panties. Her reasoning was that she didn’t want to ”ruin“ her fancy panties. There were probably 40 to 50 panties in the drawer and half were fancy panties with most worn only once or twice. I decided to go dig out a few pair and wrap them up for her just to give her more things to open. 

It had taken less than an hour and a half to get to Judith’s, get caught up on things with her and to buy the robe for Elle. With time to spare I decided to stop in at the local plumbing supply store and price out the new toilet and sink for Elle. She wanted them to be pink to match the tile and they actually had them in stock. However, there wasn't enough time before Christmas to have them installed so the owner suggested that I take a toilet seat to give her as her present. I loved the idea.

Right next door was the shop where one of the guys I’d raced against had garaged his racecar. I'd heard that he'd gotten married and sold his car. I figured it wouldn't hurt to stop and see if he still had a motor around. The guy wasn’t there but his father was and when I told him I was looking for a motor I remember his face lighting up. He took me over to a corner where there was a tarpaulin. He pulled it away and under was a complete motor. He said they wanted $250. The price was right but I needed to talk with Big B first, AND, I needed to know what was in the motor. I gave the man my name and telephone number and decided I still had time to go find ”B“. Being a Friday afternoon I knew he'd be back at his company's office. There was a Christmas party going on when I arrived it was obvious that he’d been into the ”schnapps“. That, and the fact that it was a pretty rowdy group, I made the decision to wait to talk about the motor for another day. As I was leaving, B told me he had something for Elle and I and would drop it off either the next day or Sunday, Christmas eve.

It turned out to be late Sunday afternoon when he showed up. Elle and I had started our own Christmas tradition where we’d put the tree up after supper on Christmas eve, read the kids ”Twas the Night Before Christmas“, send them off to bed and then let ”Santa“ decorate the tree when he brought the presents. B’s present to us were venison steaks from a deer that he'd shot. We’d had them before but Elle was unsure how to properly cook them. She asked B what was the best way and once he started telling her she came up with the idea to invite him for supper so he could oversee her efforts. Unmarried, B had nothing planned so agreed. It turned out that he did the cooking and the steaks were great. He'd been very good with the kids and they ended up asking him to stay until they went to bed and he willingly did. At that point I decided to ask if he wanted to stay and help decorate the tree as an auxiliary Santa... and he did.

Watching this 300+ pound man hanging tinsel was worth a picture. He was almost as big as the tree, as you can see...    
                              
Big B, at work as Santa




It was a great Christmas for the kids. After the previous year when the majority of their presents turned out to be clothes they were really excited to get games, dolls and their accessories. I waited until all our shared presents were opened before I brought out the "throne". I'd taken a bunch of pictures of the kids and Elle opening their presents but saved the last one for just this moment.
                              
The best seat in the house!
Elle's reaction was all that I'd hoped for. The reaction of the kids was really funny... "Why did you get mommy a toilet seat?" Even when Elle explained it to them they still didn't understand. Of course Elle wanted to know when the plumber was coming to install her presents. The only answer I could give her was that she'd have them before the New Year.

When we were picking up all the torn wrapping paper Elle told me to "check her out". I did and found her to be quite wet. She'd been wearing her new "dribble panties" but this was more than a dribble. Smiling, she whispered to me that she wished that our parents weren't due to arrive within the hour and that she didn't have to get the turkey in the oven. I did too! But I did elicit a "promise" for when we went to bed. It was something to think about and to help me endure a long afternoon entertaining both sets of parents as well as each of our brothers.

To be continued...

2 comments:

Pantymaven said...

OB... glad to see you back! However, I was hoping for a comment after part 124f, where I had the discussion with Sandy about panties vs bathing suits...

oldblue said...

Great minds think alike. I have spent a lifetime trying to convince various ladies of the same thing, with only limited success. You and I know it is all a lie, hoping only to see them in their panties. I might add in my salad years I had a few chances to see sights like yours, although my wife had no sense of humor about them.