Monday, May 04, 2015

CHANGES... good and bad (Part 131f)

CHANGES... good and bad (Part131f)

I couldn’t believe my eyes as I approached the round about. Kaye was lying on the ground holding her arms around her head and both were covered with blood. She wasn’t crying but was gasping for breath. (I was told that she was probably in shock) I ran over to her to pick her up and at first she didn’t recognize me. I pulled her hand from her ear and what I saw made my legs wobble. There was a piece from the top of her ear dangling. Anne, the middle daughter, had run from the site and was about 20 feet away holding her eyes and crying. Jean, the oldest who had come to fetch me, stood by her side with her eyes wide open. At that point I didn’t care how the accident happened... I knew I had to stop the bleeding and get Kaye to a doctor. I knew there were towels under the front seat of my car that I kept for when Elle had an ”accident“ so I ran over to it to get one to press on her ear. As I was doing that I realized that I couldn’t keep pressure on the wound and drive at the same time. Looking around I realized that a nurse lived in one of the houses that was adjacent to the field we were on. I started running that way yelling for the other girls to follow. It only took a few minutes and, luckily, she was home.

I wouldn’t say that they were friends of Elle and I but we knew both the husband and wife as they had been friends of my parents. Jeanette had also worked at the hospital where my grandmother had been for so long as well. Locally, she was somewhat ”famous“ for having had two sets of twins ( a boy and girl each time) in the same calendar year. Ironically, their kids were in the same grades as my two oldest.

As soon as Jeanette saw the ”damage“ she took control. She told her husband to watch my older kids and told me to get in their car as we were headed for the emergency room at the hospital. Just as we were leaving she asked where Elle was. She called her husband over and I told him that she was at Ginger’s house and then she told him to call her and bring her up to date. Then we were off.

Normally, it was a twenty minute trip. We made it in less than fifteen. In retrospect, I got to thinking that she should’ve been the driver of ”B’s“ racecar. There were no patients in the ER so we went right in. I think the doctor on duty was a Philippine as he had sort of an Asian look. He and a male nurse cleaned Kaye up and without the blood covering her face I could see some scrapes on her cheekbone that led right up to her ear. But the ear was definitely the problem. The top which normally folds over to make sort of a cap was torn away and holding on by just a thin piece of flesh. The doctor, thinking that Jeannette was the mother, told her there was no way to reattach it. My first thought, at that moment, was that she was going to end up deformed. After removing the flap he cauterized it and told us that when it was fully healed that minor surgery could make it look less harsh. I was listening to him and that’s when the reality of having to face Elle hit me.

Jeannette drove us home with me holding Kaye in my arms. She was still frightened but wasn’t crying. Thankfully, Jeanette walked up to the house with me to explain to Elle about the bandage and what had to be done with it. I’d heard the instructions but most of it went in one ear and out the other. Elle was surprisingly calm. We thanked her and then Elle took Kaye up to bed. I was left with the two older girls who Elle had picked up after getting the telephone call from Jeanette’s husband. I could see from the looks on their faces that they weren’t too happy about being alone with me.

The story that they told was that they’d been doing as I’d instructed... with Kaye seated on the round about they were to push it, slowly, to make it go round and round. They’d been doing for a short while when one of Jean’s classmates (a boy) came along and told them they weren’t pushing it fast enough and jumped in and started pushing it harder and faster. Then, a friend of his joined in, pushing Jean and Anne away from the round about. In telling me this Jean was starting to cry saying that she’d tried to make them stop. Then, Kaye got frightened and wanted to get off so crawled towards the edge. As the girls explained it, she fell off and started to cry. That’s when Jean came to get me and the boys ran off.

I’d never known either of the girls to lie and, since their story seemed believable, had them come over to get a hug. Anne wanted to know why Kaye had a ”big marshmallow“ on her ear which brought a bit of a smile to my face. Elle never came down after getting Kaye settled calling for the girls to say ”good night“ and to come up to bed. I sat there alone for about twenty minutes before she appeared. I was ready for the ”attack“ but it never came. She was quite calm and about the harshest thing she had to say was ”You won’t do that again... right?“

Then she changed the subject completely as she went into the detail of the procedure that Ginger was going to have to, hopefully, relieve her ”dribble“ problem. Going back to my earliest posts I had explained Elle’s mother having a fear of doctors. This was passed on to Elle but I had managed to allay some of them to get her to go through a couple of minor procedures that, to some slight degree, had alleviated some of her ”dribbles“. However, the procedure for a trans vaginal mesh was fairly extensive and, Elle, after hearing Ginger describe the operation and the recovery time had decided that it wasn’t for her. I know it sounds perverted and somewhat cruel... but I was glad... for two reasons. First, I’d done some preliminary work on seeing if the bank’s hospitalization and medical plan covered it. It was if the procedure was necessary for the health of the patient but wasn’t if it was only desired by the patient. That meant Elle would have to get her primary doctor to say it was for health reasons and she wasn’t sure she would. But, with Elle’s decision, it wasn’t an issue. The second was purely for a selfish reason... I liked it when I was with her and she was wet and I wasn't sure what life would be like if she had the procedure.

Then, Elle went on to say that Ginger had mentioned the ”dribble panties“. Her doctor, seeing them on Ginger, asked where she’d gotten them and it was a good idea. Whereas Elle’s problem wasn’t as severe as Ginger’s Elle would try to wear just the panties without the sanitary panties over them. Ginger had taken to wearing both and she told Elle the doctor told her was that we should’ve added the plastic crotch right to the dribble panties themselves and then sold them. Ginger said the doctor thought there would be a market for them like that. It was nice to hear but it caught me by surprise. Elle added that she didn’t want to go into ”production“ other than possibly making more for herself and then only as needed. However, lying in bed that night the wheels in my mind started turning.

To be continued...   

4 comments:

oldblue said...

Your pal in the lingerie business should hear about these after this.
For some reason I seem to be having a failure when I try posting, so don't think you have lost a devoted reader.

Pantymaven said...

OB... Who's writing this... you or me? :-)

badside said...

Poor kid, she must have been scared out of her mind. Lucky for you Jeanette was so close and available. Sounds like Elle let you off easy too!

Pantymaven said...

BS... The beauty of youth is that the young have short memories. As to Elle... her memory wasn't as short!