Monday, May 18, 2015

CHANGES... good and bad (Part 131k)

CHANGES... good and bad (Part 131k)

... in case you were wondering, Elle did keep her ”promise“.

At church on Sunday morning I did approach the minister about the incident that involved Kaye. He seemed sincere in his concern and, without going into detail, stated that there was a problem at home. He offered to pay any out of pocket expenses but that wasn’t my real concern. It was that this boy seemed to be out of control.

At home, seeing the lawn swing almost fully put together was going to make for a long afternoon for the girls. The seats were in place but they couldn’t swing and I couldn’t make them understand why. To get their minds off of it I suggested that we go down to the sailing club and the beach that was there. It was almost time for the traditional Spring clean up and the re-opening of the club. I’d not heard anything from Rex, the man who basically oversaw the maintenance, about which weekend it would be so figured I could accomplish two things with our visit. Elle, when she got home, changed into her ”garden pants“ (dungarees as they were called in those days) fully expecting to finish up her flower planting. She decided not to change since there probably wouldn’t be anyone there to see her.

The girls wanted to wear their bathing suits but Elle and I, with our many years experience with the Spring water temperatures, told them "no". If anything it was to be toes only. Saturday had been warmer and shorts had been appropriate but we anticipated that with the usual Southerly afternoon breeze blowing across the still cold water, pants would be better. As we arrived Rex was pulling away. He said the work session would be in two weeks and offered up that there had been minimal damage to the clubhouse itself over the winter. That was good news for a lot of reasons, not the least of which was that there probably wouldn’t be an assessment to cover it.

We had the beach to ourselves for a while before another young couple that I didn’t recognize showed up. They had two boys who, as soon as they got out of their car, headed right for the water. Once there they stripped off their shoes and started wading into the water. The wind had kicked up some wave action and it wasn’t long before their pants were wet up to their crotch. What I found to be puzzling was that neither parent made any attempt to stop them as the adults had remained up by the parking lot. Elle had led our kids to the waters edge and, as I said before, it was toes only for them. Once they found out how cold it was they were happy just digging holes in the sand. I don’t know why we didn’t try to be somewhat friendly with the adults but we kept to ourselves. We'd been there for well over an hour and when I heard Elle say ”Ooops“ I knew immediately what it was. Elle, expecting to stay at home when she changed clothes, hadn’t added a pair of sanitary panties with the plastic crotch over her ”dribble panties“. Now, with the club building closed there were no restrooms and, with the other couple there, Elle was in trouble. I knew her well enough that she wasn’t about to pull her pants and panties down out in the open. The only possible place was under the building itself but it was quite a distance away. I remember her looking at me as if she wanted me to come up with a magic solution... and there wasn’t any.

The two boys were still running around making a lot of noise when I heard the woman yell out something that I didn’t understand. I saw her running towards the water and I immediately looked that way. I saw one of the boys lying face down in the water and started running towards him. We both arrived at about the same time but as the woman got there she tripped and fell. I grabbed the boy out of the water and as I put him over my shoulder he was spitting water out of his mouth as he tried to breathe. The woman, now in the water herself, was yelling at me to slap his back. I did and a big gush of water came out. I got him up on the sand and as I put him down he started crying which I took to be a good thing. The woman had picked herself up out of the water and was right there to take him from me. It had all happened so fast I really didn’t know what had happened. (It was Elle who told me all about it after we got home) I was probably in shock for a minute. When I looked up to see Elle I could see she had our three kids huddled around her. The father of the boys was now running down the beach from up by the parking lot, all in a panic. When I got my bearings again I realized I’d run into the water with my shoes on and that I was pretty wet myself. The man checked on the boy and his wife and I definitely remember the look he gave me as he said ”Thanks“. After things had calmed down a bit we exchanged names and they thanked me again. As the woman walked away I got a very nice VPL, especially since her slacks were wet from the water and were clinging to her.

Elle remained up the beach a ways as I gave the people our phone number. When I got to where she was I heard her say ”WOW!“. My heart was still racing a bit as I watched the people drive away. If I’d been a drinking man I sure could’ve used one at that time. My pants were wet to mid thigh and with the cool breeze off the water I was getting cold. I reached my hand down to pull Elle up having forgotten her predicament only a short time before. When she stood up I could see that she had just sat there in the sand and peed. There was a big, round wet spot that covered her backside. The older girls had been ”schooled“ in Elle’s problem but Kaye had not or didn’t understand as she said, loudly, ”Mommy went tinkle“ and pointed to the wet place. The older girls giggled and I smiled to myself.

While on the way home I got the idea to take a picture of her wet backside. Of course she said no. Not wanting to let go of the idea I offered to do something that I really, really didn’t like to do... plant flowers. Initially, she still said no but by the time we were at the back door she turned and asked if I was kidding in my offer. I assured her I wasn’t so she agreed to stay there while I went inside to fetch the camera. As I came down the stairs I couldn’t believe my luck... two ”wet“ pictures in two days.
                                             
Of course she couldn't understand why I wanted it but I ignored her. When the girls were in bed we ended up out on the screened in porch. Ginger had called while Elle was cleaning up and told her that she was going in for her procedure a few days after school was over and wanted to know if Elle had given any real thought to doing it. As we talked Elle brought up the idea that Ginger's doctor had suggested for the dribble panties by adding a plastic panel right to them. I told her I'd called Willie but hadn't heard back. Then she really surprised me by saying that we should try it ourselves. The idea had intrigued me but there was no way for us to make money on them so was willing to talk to Willie about it. Elle went on to say that even though she'd said she was through making "dribble panties" she was willing to give this idea a try. I was too... but just when was the question.

To be continued...

   
    
    

2 comments:

badside said...

Good thing you got there quickly! Parents should never let young children near the water alone like that.

Pantymaven said...

BS... You're so right! These people were from the city and just didn't have respect for the water. Elle and I, raised on the water, had been schooled by our parents and, until we learned how to swim, were not allowed near the water without an adult being close by.