Wednesday, May 27, 2015

MORE CHANGES... and problems (Part 132d)

MORE CHANGES... and problems (Part 132d)

It was time for reminiscing at the restaurant. In the little foyer area inside the front door were pictures of my old race car. They brought back some good memories. Elle and I hadn’t been out to eat in ages and even though I’d seen Cliff and his wife a few times at the post office I’d never been there to eat. He and his wife ran the kitchen and I stuck my head in to say ”Hi!“. When i did I was reminded that they lived in our town and had kids in school as well. After the inane greeting pleasantries we all go through I asked if he was planning on voting at the school board election. He shook his head and said there wasn’t time in his busy schedule. I asked if he realized that most of the text books that the school was using were ten years old or older. He gave me a look that said ”So what?“. My answer was that our kids were being cheated and told him about Bob’s campaign and the push to make changes at the school. It was his wife that spoke up and asked exactly what Bob’s plan was. I knew they were very busy so I told him I’d stop by the next day before they opened.

We were eating when in walked Nanci and her husband, Fritz. I found that ironic having just spent a few minutes haranguing Cliff about the upcoming vote. Nanci had some more news on the rumor that had been passed around that Bob was moving to Texas.The school board member who Jon (the milkman) had replaced came in to the office along with the incumbent member who was running for re-election and Nanci overheard them talking. The one who’d been replaced told the other that  Joe (Polak Joe) had his ”boys  "working on Texas” for him. Nanci said her ears perked up as soon as she heard it.

By the time we finished dinner we’d made the decision to go to Bob’s house and to try and get as many members of the “group” together for one last time before the election. We knew Bob was scheduled to be at the post office before 8am the next day but the four of us thought there had to be something else we could do, especially on Monday, the day before the election.

It was a good thing I felt strongly about getting changes made on the school board because the latest development definitely threw a wrench in my plans for the evening. Fritz called Phyl, Bob’s wife, to tell her that we were on our way and for her to try and reach some of the others. It also threw a curve to Elle as well because she was now wearing her spare “dribble panties” and told me they weren’t in any shape to go visiting. She hadn’t worn or brought a pair of sanitary panties with the plastic crotch because when she left home at 8am she thought she’d be home by 1pm. As Fritz made the call Elle sent me out to my car for the panties I always kept for an emergency. They were an old pair of the heavy cotton Carter’s Spanky pants and as I carried them inside I couldn’t help but wonder just what Gina and Jerene had talked about when they’d met up the previous weekend. I knew I wasn’t going to be the one to bring the subject up though.

Nine people ended up at Bob’s house and it was decided to go back to the phones on Monday evening using the list of parents that Nanci had been able to sneak out of the school office. A number of us who’d made the original calls made notations on how the people we’d talked to responded. I was concerned that if we called people who had indicated a positive feeling a second time they might just get annoyed and stay away. So, rather than “sell” Bob a second time it was agreed to limit the calls to just getting out the vote.

Elle was glad that it hadn’t taken all that long to come up with our game plan. We still had two vehicles and as we got to the station wagon she felt a dribble. Taking a chance I told her to just let it go. I remember her looking around to see where the other cars were parked and where the other people were she obliged me... but wouldn’t let me touch her. The thought of what she’d done was enough for me to have a pretty significant bulge as I slid behind the wheel of my car.

Approaching out house I saw the flashing lights of a patrol car in front of what I thought was our house. However, as I got closer it was evident that it was in front of Sabrina’s house. Pulling up the drive I could see flashing lights in her back yard as well. I let Elle into the house and then ducked through the hedge to find out what was happening. It appeared that lights were on in all the rooms as I approached. The kitchen door was open and as I walked up the steps I saw a cop standing just inside. I recognized him as Ed, the brother of my farmer neighbor on the other side, and asked about the problem. He said they’d gotten a call of an intruder in the house but had found no signs of anyone. He added that he and the other cop had checked the exterior doors and all the windows but found no signs of forced entry. Then I asked where Sabrina was and he pointed to his patrol car. As I started out the door he said that he was finished and that the lady should come back in.

I went to get Sabrina and could easily see she was frightened. She wasn’t crying but had her arms folded across her chest and her hands just under her chin. Reluctantly, she exited the car and I led her back to the house. Ed gave her a copy of his report and told her that no one was found and that everything appeared to be OK. I don’t thing Sabrina said a word and as soon as the two men left she turned to me and, with a pleading look on her face, asked if she could spend the night at my house. I certainly wasn’t expecting that so I reacted by saying that she could without even thinking of Elle. She wanted to leave immediately and when I asked about leaving all the lights on she said it didn’t matter.

There was enough light emanating from her house to give us a clear path to the opening in the hedge. It was as I followed her through the opening that I first paid any attention to what she was wearing. It was a short Summer dress with cap sleeves and as she ducked though the opening the hem of it caught on one of the boughs of the hedge. It was enough to offer some resistance and she let out a little scream. She quickly turned to look at me as if to say “Why did you do that?” But when she saw that I was easily four to five more feet behind her she turned back and continued towards my kitchen door. It was now very obvious that she was scared almost out of her mind.

As I said, I never gave Elle a thought when I told Sabrina she could stay with us. I told her to just walk on in. I followed and what I saw was Elle standing there by the refrigerator in a short nightie and still wearing the old Carter’s Spanky pants that she wet for me as we left Bob and Phyl’s house. The wetness had wicked it’s way halfway to her waist and was very noticeable. It was her turn to scream and as she did she ran into the dining room. I have no idea what thoughts were going through Sabrina’s mind at that time but I’d be willing to bet they weren’t about being afraid.

Elle, now hiding in the dining room, angrily demanded to know what was going on. I left Sabrina and went in to see Elle. She was standing there with her hands crossed in front of her groin trying to hide the wetness. I pretty much knew she wasn’t going to like anything I had to say but went ahead anyway. With a look of resignation on her face she turned and went upstairs saying she was going to change and would be right back down. My next step was to try and mitigate the situation to Sabrina. It would’ve been easier if I could’ve told her about Elle’s “problem” but I couldn’t come up with anything so told her that she’d be right down. I did notice that Sabrina had somewhat relaxed by then.

It seemed like forever for Elle to return and when she did she had on a light robe. I have to admit I wondered just what she was wearing underneath. Elle urged Sabrina to have a seat at the kitchen table but she said she’d rather stand. So, the three of us stood there in the middle of the kitchen floor as Sabrina started to tell us what had happened.

To be continued...  


2 comments:

badside said...

Oh Boy! Not the way you were hoping the night would go, I'm certain!

Pantymaven said...

Just wait... :-)