Tuesday, May 08, 2012

FALL... October (Part 91a)

At work my focus was on writing the machine operators exam and I was finding it to be a difficult challenge. I found myself under pressure for the first time since I’d started work in the Civil Service department. Since my trials and tribulations took up most of the month and didn’t include females and panties I’ll spare you the boredom of having to read it (and me the effort to write it).

The first week entailed two celebrations... Anne’s (my youngest) third birthday and Elle’s and my fifth wedding anniversary. The birthday and party were on a workday for me so it wasn’t until I arrived home that I got the details. I asked Elle how it had gone and she shot back a “FINE!” in a manner that told me that it must have been anything but.

My mother had started a tradition of buying each of the girls a new “party dress” for their birthday. She did this entirely on her own without input from Elle. She arrived early for the party (along with Elle’s mother) so that Anne would have it on to greet her guests. However, my mother hadn’t recognized that Anne had grown where Jean hadn’t and that they were now, basically, the same size. It became evident when Anne tried the dress on. Net result was that Anne didn’t have a new dress for her party and became upset. Not a good way to start.

I’ve written that there was a dearth of girls in around our kids age so, for the party, Elle asked a few of the kids from the church nursery school. Reluctantly, Dina, Jim and Dora’s daughter was also invited even though both Elle and I felt she was a bad influence on our kids. When the kids from church arrived they spied the play house and headed right for it. Elle decided to let them play and to delay the party as it seemed like they were all getting along quite well. When called inside, even though it was for ice cream and cake, they resisted. After they left and when Elle was cleaning up she discovered that one of the chair pads was wet and didn’t appear to be from a spill. She’d tried to remember who sat there but it was Jean who told her that it was Dina. Jean turned out to be a fountain of information and told Elle that Dina had gone tinkle in her pants while they were “playing house”. Hearing this I remembered that it was far from the first time for her. I remembered a time where she’d convinced Jean to do the same. At this point in Elle’s telling I interrupted and told her that she (we) had to tell Dora, friendship be damned. I remember Elle turning away and not looking at me.

With our anniversary the next day it was not a good way for us to end the day. Saving money for the upcoming birth we’d decided to forego presents. Since we’d spent money going out to eat with John and Louise that we hadn’t planned on it was going to be a quiet evening at home. Getting ready for bed Elle handed me an envelope. Fortunately, I’d remembered to buy a card and thought this was her card to me. I saw the writing and recognized my mother’s handwriting. Elle said that my mother had told her that we were to open it after supper but, since we, for all intents and purposes, hadn’t been speaking since then this would have to do. Elle made me open it and I found $20 and a card signed by both our mothers. There was a note telling us that we were to go out for dinner and not to save it. There was also a suggestion to go to a fairly new restaurant owned and run by the guy who had driven my first race car. I looked at Elle and said something along the lines of “Why not?”

That broke the ice and we started talking again. Elle brought up the subject of Anne’s dress and how much she’d grown. We’d talked about it before but kind of avoided making any decisions. Elle had it pretty much planned that as Jean grew out of her clothes they would be passed on down to Anne. Now it had come down to them sharing clothes. We had to make some decisions, and soon, especially since the cold weather was almost upon us. Then she said something that got my attention. When Anne had tried on her new dress my mother made a comment that her underwear appeared to be too small. Elle and I had discussed that right after getting the Lollipop catalog from Bobbi’s (from sailing) aunt. I asked Elle where it was and she told me to follow her. I remember walking down the hall staring at her butt. She was wearing nothing but her panties and pajama top. I enjoyed the walk.

She’d put the catalog into a cabinet with the Sears, Montgomery Ward and Penny’s catalogs that was located in the dining room. As she opened it to the page with the kids underwear she showed some hesitation. She’d put the kids into the Carter’s underwear based upon how well her Spanky Pants had held up so was a bit concerned on how the Lollipop garments would do. I reminded her that we’d be getting about 40% off and that was like getting four free ones for each ten purchased.

She decided that a dozen of two sizes would be the best way to go as she fully expected for Jean to have a growth spurt. That way there would be things to grow into as well as being able to check out just how well they wore. I told her that I’d call Ali the next day. As we retreated down the hall I was weighing weather to order some for Elle at the same time. I knew the material wasn’t as heavy as the Carter’s but, for day time wear and with a pair of the nylon satin panties over them, I felt they would work. Now I had to decide the size(s) to order.

To be continued...


2 comments:

badside said...

I don't really even understand why Elle was mad at you, wasn't your fault those things happened.

Pantymaven said...

BS... Who really knows how a female mind works? What upset her was that I wanted to have her tell Dina's mother that her behavior around our kids was unacceptable. Even though she agreed with me she didn't want to upset Dora, the mother. So... she got mad at me.