Wednesday, May 23, 2012

FINISHING OUT THE YEAR... (Part 92a)

At work John and I continued to work well together. We enjoyed each others company and I found him to be a good sounding board for my frustration in writing the Machine Operator’s exam. I have to give him credit for pushing me to pursue idea of going to the equipment manufacturer to get the material to complete the exam. It was mid November when I finished the Beta version and it was probably the hardest thing I’d ever done. Mrs K was very pleased which was all I was looking for.

Manic Mondays continued to be the highlight of each week. We had some “interesting” experiences which caused John to start keeping a diary. Because there had been so much corruption in the Civil Service department in the past Mrs K ruled with an iron hand, especially in the area of the Clerk Typist exam. She made sure that each and every one was accounted for. One hard and fast rule was that anyone leaving their desk during the course of the test was to have their paper collected and scored as of the time they got up. We would make an announcement telling everyone and suggesting that they use the rest room before we started. On this one day at the auditorium venue a woman got up, picked up her exam paper, coat, bag and headed for the door. John caught up with her before she exited the building. He asked her for the exam booklet but she wouldn’t give it to him saying that it belonged to her. Her claim was that she was a County taxpayer and as such she paid for it and therefore  “owned” it. I got there just as she made that pronouncement. John had proven to be good at defusing potential conflicts but wasn’t doing well in this one. I have a very short fuse and after listening to her for just a few minutes told her that if she didn’t hand the exam over that I’d call the police. She just about spit in my face when she said “I dare you!”. That’s something that anyone who knows me knows that it means "game on!”.

Long story short... after some verbal jousting she left and I made the call. We took her plate number and gave it to the police. When we told Mrs K she said she wanted to pursue it even if it meant going to court. That’s what prompted John to start his diary. However, we added a bit more to it. We’d write down the names of the people who scored highest, lowest and those who were the biggest PITA’s (pain in the asses). We even suggested to our supervisor, Marty, that those on the PITA list have an asterisk added when they were placed on a potential hiring list. He laughed but did say it was probably a good idea.

We shared our panty peeks. If I saw one I’d make sure that John would get a “look” as well and he did the same for me. We also kept a scorecard for each new one we'd find. We made up a rating scale. I don't remember how many points for each one but the lowest was a "triangle". A higher one was when there was a gap between the thighs where we could see a good bit of the crotch. The highest was when the woman would have her legs spread so that they were touching the legs of the desk or typing table and we'd have a clear crotch view. It certainly did make it more fun.

I had one “leaker”. We would allow anyone who could get their application filled out and in our hands by 10am to take the exam. This one woman arrived late and barely got the application completed. I remember her starting the exam with her coat still on. Unfortunately, she wasn’t there to hear the announcement about leaving seats and the restroom suggestion. In her case she did raise her hand. John was the one who went to see what she wanted. When he returned to the front desk he told me what it was about. I had to be careful not to show my “interest” in the situation. I did have him identify which woman she was and I tried to keep my eyes on her but didn’t see anything untoward. I happened to be the one who was scoring the early finishers so I didn’t have a chance to follow up on her before she left for the lunch break. When I left to get my lunch (John always brought his own) I wasn’t thinking of her. However, when I returned there was still time to start stacking the chairs before we started the practical part. (Anything to save time!) As I did I found a small puddle under the one chair. That’s when I remembered the woman from the morning. I had looked at her from afar after John had told me about her but really couldn’t remember what she looked like and was kicking myself. I wondered if she had passed.

One of the things that John and I’d done to speed up the process was to tell the women that they could only bring their pocket books up on the stage for the test and would have to leave their coats. As I mentioned in previous posts, John and I switched off, group to group, at this location so as to make sure we each had equal opportunity for the really good “peeks”. In this one particular group of three, one woman walked past me in a strange manner. She came up the stairs and continued to face me all the way to the typing desk. But to be seated she had to turn around. Bulls eye! She was wearing a brownish cord skirt and the seat of it was a dark brown. Even with a couple of hours to dry it hadn’t. I actually did feel sorry for her. When John and I discussed her on our way back to the office we decided that passing the exam must have been more important to her than being embarrassed.

To be continued...

2 comments:

badside said...

I can imagine how much you must have looked forward to exam days!

Pantymaven said...

As I write about them today I just shake my head. Maybe it's a good thing that we didn't have camera phones back then... :-)