Tuesday, May 15, 2012

FALL... October (Part 91d)


I placed the order with Ali during the lunch break on Monday. Elle and I had decided to order two sizes for the girls so they would have something to grow into. We both felt (and hoped) that Jean was due for a growth spurt, and soon. I finally decided to order some for Elle even though they weren’t as heavy as the Carter’s and then there were the six pair for Jan. When I was talking to Ali I asked if Lollipop didn’t have a heavier grade cotton explaining that Elle really liked the Carter’s ribbed cotton. I wasn’t expecting her to say that the teen sizes had a feature in that the whole back panel was doubled just like the crotch was. Even though all of Elle’s Carter’s panties were teen sized I hadn’t paid any attention to teen sizes when looking through the Lollipop catalog. On the spur of the moment I told her that I’d take one of the teen sized just to see if Elle liked them but that I’d take two of the size 5. I also asked her to ship them to my grandfather’s address. At the mobile home park we had cluster mailboxes and when there was a package all you got was a card telling you to go to the post office to get it. I hated that! They didn’t have a parking lot and there were only three spaces in front of the building which meant driving around the block multiple times trying to get one. She said it wouldn’t be a problem.

It took about ten days. I got a call from Wally (the handyman working for my grandfather) that there was a package for me. Mail there was delivered in the morning which allowed me to retrieve it during my lunch hour. When I walked into the kitchen I saw this fairly large box sitting on the kitchen table. I thought there was a mistake. I checked the label and they had been shipped from Ali’s store to me. Puzzled, I went into the living room to say hello to my grandfather and then back to the package. Not wanting Wally to see the contents I took the package to my car and popped the box open. Oh My God! There were five boxes which was the right number but there were twelve panties in each box. Something was definitely wrong.

I wanted to call Ali right away but not with my grandfather around. I went across the street to Woolworth’s and a pubic phone. I remember Ali laughing when I told her my problem. She calmly explained that only colors were shipped six to a box. With white it was a dozen per box. When I’d said “one” I’d been thinking six to a box. When Ali heard “one” (and white) she did exactly as she was told. I now had 24 size 5 woman's white band leg panties; 12 size 14 teen white band leg panties; 12 size 3 girls white band leg panties and 12 size 4 girls band leg panties... twice as many of each than I expected (or wanted). Ali, wanting to help, offered to take back and into her store stock any that we didn’t want. Each panty was individually wrapped and priced so that wouldn’t be a problem. I told her I’d get back to her.

With that obstacle pretty much overcome I focused on inspecting the teen panties and their doubled back panel. After I opened the one package I had a feeling that I’d seen panties like this before but, at that moment I couldn’t come up with just where and who wore them. I knew that a lot of the cotton panties I’d seen over the years I’d seen quite a few Lollipop panties but these were definitely different and It “bugged” me that I couldn’t remember.

My next problem was how I was going to integrate the new Lollipop panties into what Elle was presently wearing. She was now about four months into her pregnancy and was just starting to show. She knew because her clothes were tight around her waist but to the casual onlooker it wasn’t noticeable. All her existing panties still fit and as far as nylon panties were concerned I still had the larger Plymouth nylon satin panties that hadn’t been used and she could grow into. I thought about it on my way back to work and as I did came up with an idea.

Elle and I had agreed not to buy any presents for our anniversary and I knew that an “austerity” birthday wouldn’t really go over well with her. A while back I’d persuaded her to wet her panties for me while walking the beach with a promise that I’d get the Winter coat she wanted for her birthday. I’d also been after her to get rid of some of her very stained Carter’s Spanky Pants but without any to replace them she kept on using them. With that thought in mind I decided to call Ali after work and to see if I could “trade” some of the woman’s size 5 panties for more of the teen panties only the next larger size so Elle could grow into them. If she said “yes” I’d be able to give them to Elle with the rationale that she would soon need larger panties. I was pleased with myself as I made the call.

Ali was all for it but the “fly in the ointment” was that for my plan to work I’d need the panties by her birthday. Her birthday was on Sunday. There was no way for Ali to get them to me by mail by then which left me only one option... drive in to her store. There was nothing that I could think of that Elle would “buy” for me being gone for four hours. By the time supper was over I’d pretty much given up on the idea.

Just like I’d come up with an “agenda“ Elle had been working on one of her own. The last time we’d seen Buddy and Carol, (my sailing friends) Carol had offered Elle her maternity clothes. Elle’s last pregnancy had been a Summer one so what was left of them wasn’t appropriate going into Winter. Elle was teaching, on average, one to three times a week and wanted to continue as long as she could. That meant having acceptable clothes to wear and Carol, with her "upscale" background, always wore ”nice“ clothes. The warm weather was pretty much gone and I’d heard Elle comment that we had to do ”something... and soon“ about it. As it turned out she’d been trying to come up with a reason to get me to take her in to visit Carol. When I heard that I had to temper my glee so as to not let her know what I had in mind. The position I took was that by going to Carol’s I’d also be able to go to Ali’s store to get the kids panties and we’d save the cost of postage. I almost couldn’t believe the timing of the whole thing.

To be continued...

1 comment:

badside said...

That's good timing! Wondering how it all turns out and Jan's reaction when she gets her new panties.