Sunday, May 13, 2012

FALL... October (Part 91c)

Jan was still so wound up that there was no way she was going to be able to go to sleep. We ended up sitting in the living room and talking about her family, her home town and growing up. It amazed me how similar her background was to Elle's. She said her hometown was smaller than this town but that it did have a movie theater and a car race track. I was dying to go to sleep but when she mentioned that it woke me up again. She told me that her uncle had, at one time, driven a car at the track. Other than that she really didn't know that much about it. I'd never heard of the track which bore the name of the town. I asked if she ever went and she smiled but didn't answer. I think it was about then that I told her that I had a race car and raced at the local track. That got her interest and I was pleasantly surprised when she said that she'd like  to go sometime to see me race. I wanted to pursue that a bit more but she got up to go to the bathroom. When she did I got a nice look at her backside. The material of her pajamas was definitely see through and as she walked away I knew she was wearing band leg panties... probably cotton. That view and the talk of racing definitely had me "stimulated".

Before her phone call to me I’d made a note to call Ali to place the order for the kids underwear on Monday. I was still contemplating adding some panties for Elle. While Jan was going to the bathroom I was going over in my mind just how many to order for her and still wasn’t sure. It might’ve been my tiredness along with my thoughts on panties but when Jan walked back into the room I asked her (and I’m sort of laughing as I type this) if she had enough bras and panties (and I actually used those words) after the theft to get by. I remember the look on her face was a combination of surprise and shock. Seeing that look on her face made me backtrack and I’m sure my face was crimson. I apologized and asked if she’d let me explain. What could she do but to say “yes”.

I started by saying I was extremely tired and that just before her call I’d written up an order for not only our kids underwear but also panties for Elle and babbled on that we had a friend in the business and could get 40% off. I know I also mentioned having the catalog. It wasn’t that compact as I remember a lot of “ums” and “uhs” on my part. I must’ve apologized two or three times. Finally I stood up and said that we really needed to get some sleep. As I settled into my grandfather’s chaise and she closed the door to her room I wasn’t sure I’d undone the “damage” my inquiry had done.

In the morning I heard her go upstairs to get washed and dressed for work. I was up and waiting for her when she came back downstairs and was ready to apologize again. However, she spoke first and asked if she could see the catalog. I’m sure I had a look of surprise on my face but told her that I could drop it off after work. She didn’t dwell on it and neither did I... thank goodness.

I signed off on the police report after work and then headed for my grandfather’s house. I still wasn’t sure I should go through with giving Jan the catalog as I pulled into the driveway. I didn’t see her car and decided that since I wouldn’t have to see or talk to her I’d go ahead and leave it. When I walked into the kitchen there she was. I know I was blushing. I’d opened the catalog to the page with womens panties so I handed it to her telling her that she could take her time in deciding. I turned and was headed out the door when she called for me to stop. I did and as she was walking up to me she asked how to read the information on the page. I remember taking a deep breath and taking a look at what she was pointing to. I was thoroughly familiar with just about everything in the booklet so I explained that the prices shown were what the stores would charge and the last number was the percentage amount that would be taken off as a discount. I ended up explaining it the same way as I’d done with Elle saying that if she bought ten pair she would only be paying for six. At that point it appeared she understood and then said that she only wanted white because colors would show through her uniform. I told her that they came individually packaged and were six to a box. As I remember it she didn’t hesitate and said that six pair would be fine. From peeking into her drawer I already knew what size but had to ask. She, matter of factly, said “five”.  Then she asked if I wanted the money right then. I was so relieved that the situation hadn’t become a problem I just shook my head and headed out the door. The cool air felt really good!  

To be continued... 


2 comments:

badside said...

That must have been awkward! The things that happen when we lack sleep! Sounds like it may have worked out though. BTW, I noticed the word "gay" on the catalog page, just wondering when that word became associated with homosexuality?

Pantymaven said...

BS... I looked it up on Wicki and it appears that the link between "Gay" and homosexuality became popular in the mid sixties. It was an interesting article.