Tuesday, May 28, 2013

MORE SUMMER FUN... August (Part 110d)

True to Willy’s word the catalog arrived at the bank on Thursday. I’d asked that he send it there rather than to my mailbox because I didn’t want Elle to see it. I probably don’t have to tell you that just seeing that letter size envelope with the name “Evette” in the upper left hand corner had me excited in more than one way. I came up with some kind of excuse to go out to my car, just to get a quick peek at it. It wasn’t really all that thick but just flipping through the first pages was titillating.

I didn’t stay long knowing I’d be back for a close look during my lunch hour. However, it seemed like someone had poured molasses into my watch as time just dragged by. Back at the car I found the panties on page four. They were only line drawings but in great detail showing lace cutouts, appliques and lace treatments around the leg openings. It was on the third page of panties that I saw something that really got my attention. In the middle of the page was a rendering of a pair that surely looked similar to the ones I seen on Merry, Willie’s wife, on Sunday. As I stared at the picture and the description it suddenly came to me that I actually had a pair in my “stash” which was now somewhat buried in the trunk of my car. I remembered that I’d found a pair of panties under my sailboat in the sand a few Summers ago. I’d pretty much forgotten about them as it had been well over a year since I’d actually gone through all the ones in my stash. Sitting there thinking about it made me even more excited. I did have to get something to eat and as I walked across the street to the luncheonette I was kicking myself for not remembering the name “Evette” when Willy told me that was his company’s name. I couldn’t wait to get into my stash and look at Merry’s panties up close and personal again.

As closing time approached I was trying to think of a place I could go that would be somewhat private when I could go through the box and find them. I usually stayed until at least 5:30pm but I was ready to go at 5pm. Just as I was clearing my desk the phone rang and it was Elle wanting me to stop and get some skim milk for the baby. The doctor had recently told Elle to stop giving her whole milk as she couldn’t properly digest it. This was the first week on the skim milk and it appeared to be working. However, that wasn’t the only thing she had to say. She’d been invited to play tennis at 6pm and she was busy making supper and asked me to drive Peggy home for her. I certainly didn’t mind doing that as I hardly ever saw her. Usually, by the time I arrived Elle had already delivered her home. Driving home after picking up the milk I got to thinking that Elle playing tennis was a good thing. I wouldn’t have to worry about her seeing my stash as I poured through it.

Peggy was sitting on the step when I pulled up. I grabbed my brief case and the milk and headed for the door. I told Peggy to get in the car and that I’d be right back. When I slipped into the drivers seat I saw Peggy reading the Evette catalog. I went from just being warm from the ambient air temperature to boiling hot with beads of sweat on my forehead. (z) My natural instinct was to say something... to explain... but I couldn’t think of anything to say. I started the car and tried to sneak a peek at her to see if she was still looking at it... and she was. We were out on the road to town when I thought I heard her say something. I thought she said “That’s pretty.” but I wasn’t sure and almost reflexively said, “What?”. I looked at her and she had turned towards me and was pointing to what looked like a short night gown. Then she asked what the catalog was for. It was almost like when Willy asked me what I was going to do with the catalog when I asked him for one. I came up with sort of the same answer but I was ready this time. It was a chance to explain to Peggy why I had it and not feel as guilty about it. I told her that the man who owned the company was a friend and I was supposed to give it to a lady who’d just opened a ladies clothing store. She seemed to accept what I told her and didn’t say anything more. By then we were pulling into her driveway. I was just about to ask if she’d seen anything else that interested her when we both saw her mother standing in the kitchen doorway. She thanked me for the ride and hopped out of the car. I was mad because I thought I missed an opportunity.

As soon as I got home Elle left promising that she’d be back before dark. The kids had eaten and my supper was on the table. They were anxious to go outside and play so I let then and took my plate out to the picnic table. I carried the baby out to the playpen and proceeded to take a close look at the catalog. Just inside the back cover was a note from Willy telling me to pick out a few things for Elle and to let him know what they were. I smiled and thanked him. When I got to the page that showed the panties I thought I recognized I immediately got up and went to the trunk of my car. I’d hidden my “stash” behind a seldom used tool box and after moving some things pulled it out. My girls were busy playing some kind of game in the yard so I felt fairly comfortable rooting through the box looking for them. It didn’t take long and when I found them I took a good look at the rendering in the catalog. I was amazed how how realistic it was. I made an immediate decision to ask Willy for a new pair of them for Elle. To see just what they looked like go to Part 83g (January 10, 2012).

To be continued...

1 comment:

badside said...

I looked at the past post with the pics, too bad no one makes panties like those any more, they sure are/were lovely. Wondering if it went anywhere further with Peggy and the lingerie catalog, hope so!