Wednesday, May 08, 2013

SUMMER FUN ... good times (Part 109e)

Elle had never been one to peek at Christmas or birthday presents ahead of time (unlike the writer) so I wasn’t too concerned about her going to take a look in the box. It wasn’t sealed so it would’ve been easy. I went on the premise that she wouldn’t but had to come up with something, anything, that would not make me a liar. A while back I wrote about how we had a ”Want/Need“ list. By then most of our needs had been satisfied. As far as the want list went, we had an agreement that we wouldn’t buy anything unless we had the cash to do so. Back before my birthday we’d seen something new that really had our interest. It was a stereo radio, something very new on the market. What really got my attention was that it also had jacks where you could plug in a record turntable. The only thing we had to play our records on was my old portable record player that only played mono records. It was huge, probably 18” by 15“ and 10+ inches high. Since we’d gotten our new unit we didn’t really have a permanent place to put it so it only got used sparingly. This radio also had removable speakers, a nice feature to enhance the stereo sound. I’d told Johnny at the appliance store that I was interested in one but would have to wait a while. He'd told me he knew where I lived so if I wanted it to go ahead and take it but I’d told him I’d wait. The cost was around $70, a lot for a radio back in those days and we’d managed to put over $60 away. As I waited for Elle’s return I decided that I’d take Johnny up on his offer and lie to Elle about the money. The problem was that the 4th of July was being celebrated on that day and I’d have to wait until the morning to get it. Now the problem was in holding off Elle when she returned.

When she did she was a bit upset. One of the girls had gotten chocolate ice cream on her party dress so she set about cleaning that up. As she disappeared inside she asked me to set up the pool for the kids. All I knew was that it was all buying time for me. By the time she returned outside she was occupied with the baby who’d just woken from her nap. I was happy to play with the girls in the pool until supper time. Anything to avoid the subject of the box.

When it came time for the older girls to go to bed I set about emptying the pool and putting it away. I also managed to sneak out to the station wagon and to transfer the box to the trunk of my car. By then I thought I was home free. Not so. As we readied for bed Elle proceeded to come over to my side of the bed and pushed me down on it. She then climbed on top, straddling me. All she was wearing was two pair of the nylon satin panties and I knew what was coming next. However, it was far too important to me for her not to see the contents of the box so I resisted her advances and pleading. I can’t tell you how hard that was. Whenever she’d do that to me we’d end up having really great sex. I lay there, later, hoping that my sacrifice had been worth it.

I left a little early the next morning. The appliance store was about seven stores down from the bank so I walked. I knew Johnny got there a couple of hours prior to opening the store to get a head start on doing TV repairs. Sure enough, the back door was open. I gave him the $60 and walked out with the radio. There was one more thing to do and that was to take the radio out of the box and to put it in the box that held my stash of panties. By the time I got to the car I was already a few minutes late so just left the radio in the trunk planing to do the exchange during lunch hour.

That proved to be more difficult that I’d expected. I pulled the radio out of the box but when I started into the ”stash“ the parking lot became a beehive of activity. I decided not to chance it there so I moved the boxes and climbed into the car. I was just grabbing handfuls of panties and stuffing them in the radio box when I saw Bret heading my way. I had most of them inside the box when I saw him by the side of the car. I was already perspiring from the noonday heat but the added pressure of seeing Bret made it worse. At the last second I popped out of the car right in front of him. I nervously asked what was up. He laughed and said he’d forgotten his lunch and was walking home to get it. Other than me scaring him a bit he never even slowed down. I flopped back down on the seat and took a couple of deep breaths thinking just how close that had been.

I truly wanted it to be a surprise and by that I mean I wanted to have the radio and speakers in place and playing when she walked in. The trouble with that was I never knew for sure when she was home or not home. Being Summer, she didn’t have many things to do on a schedule and she took advantage of that fact. The only thing I could think of was that on some afternoons she would drive Peggy home and I hoped that this was one of them. I held my breath as I made the turn and when I didn’t see the wagon I let out a little yelp of joy. I didn’t know how much time I had so was really hustling. I’d already scoped out just where both the radio and speakers would go and it went according to plan. I had just turned the radio on when I saw the station wagon pulling up. The box I'd put it in (the one she'd seen the day before) was still on the floor and I deliberately left it there. I ran down the hallway to the bedroom and was stripping out of my suit when I heard her let out a positive yell. It was probably a WOW! or something close to it but what I do remember was that she gave me a great big hug and when she let me go she took my hand and placed it between her legs. Within seconds I felt the warmth. It wasn’t much but the important part was that I hadn’t had to plead or beg for it. Good times, for sure!

Another good thing that I remember from that day is that she never bothered to ask about where I'd gotten the money.

To be continued...   

1 comment:

oldblue said...

You sly dog!!!! To top it off you get the ultimate reward.