Thursday, May 30, 2013

MORE SUMMER FUN... August (Part 110e)

I was so anxious to get the panties that I called Willy the next day. To show you how naive I was to the clothing business I thought that he’d just pop a pair in the mail and I’d have them in a day or two. I don’t know what I said to that effect but I remember him laughing and said he’d contact the factory “with my order” and it’d be there by the end of the next week. I knew he couldn’t see me but I was beet red embarrassed.

It was after lunch when Trish said some guy named Wilson had called and left a message. I was trying to figure if it was one of the guys I’d worked with at the Civil Service office until I read the message... “Why don’t you pick out a few more items to make the order worthwhile”. I was hung up on “Wilson“ before it dawned on me that Trish hadn’t gotten his name right and it really was Willy. I had to go into the rest room to peer through the catalog again. I saw a nice half slip with lace from the waistband to the hem down both side seams that I thought Elle would like. I’d also seen a short sleeved short nightie that I thought would be cute on her so those were the two that I came up with. I called Willy back only he’d gone for the day. The girl answering the phone said he’d told her that I might call and would add the items to my ”order“. When I hung up I was really excited and hated having to wait for a week.

The town held one major fund raising event each year. It was a combined effort between the Chamber of Commerce and the Rotary Club. The local aerospace company would turn over their picnic grounds to them to hold a Bar-B-Que the first Saturday of August. Elle and I had attended in each of the four years we’d lived in the area and had enjoyed it immensely. There were rides for the kids that included a miniature train that even adults could ride in and a merry go round. The bank, being a member of the Chamber, required all the males who worked for it to volunteer either Friday afternoon/evening doing the preparation or on Saturday during the event. The bank was very generous and bought two tickets for each married employee and one for each of the singles. I wanted to be with Elle and the kids during the event so took the Friday duty. It was easy work and only lasted until it got dark. I remember marking off the rows in the parking area and some other menial tasks. As those of us who were there were leaving we were each given a ticket for the Bar-B-Que. That made three for me. Elle and I had already asked Peggy to help out with the kids and that last ticket meant I wasn’t going to be out of pocket at all and we’d actually have a free baby sitter.

On Saturday morning Elle and I had a "discussion" on what she should wear. The temperature was expected to be in the mid 80's so Elle didn't really want to wear a "package" because, with the heat, it was very uncomfortable. I told her to wear one of the new sun dresses that she'd recently made and to just wear a couple of cotton panties under it. She knew what I was angling for and I distinctly remember her shaking her head in a negative way... but with a smile. Her argument was that there would be too many people around for any 'fun" plus Peggy would be there as well. I didn't give up and eventually got her attention when I promised her a surprise if she'd do as I asked. Of course she pressed me for information about the surprise but I held firm. I had to wait for her decision until we were ready to go. The dress wasn't a mini but it was a few inches above her knees, clearly the shortest dress she had. I'd had to opportunity to see her in it when she was finishing up making it and I knew that if she bent over at the waist the dress would ride up in back in a similar way that her tennis dresses did. As she walked out the door with the baby in her arms I patted her fanny and felt the crotch line of multiple panties. I was anticipating a good day.

I had high hopes that Peggy would wear shorts that would give off a nice VPL (visable panty line). Those hopes were dashed as soon as Peggy stepped out her kitchen door when we stopped to pick her up. I saw a pair of plaid shorts with dark colors. However, she was wearing her usual top... a mans white shirt with the sleeves cut off and the tails tied in a knot across her midriff. With that my hopes shifted to possibly getting a few good DP's (downpants).

The volunteers for the event had one major "perk" and that was they would be able to use the back gate that was reserved for the "big wigs" of the company. It meant not having to wait in the long line at the main gate and that turned out to be a help as we were late in leaving and in picking Peggy up. There was very little space on the picnic grounds that afforded shade and it went fast. The main gate opened at 8am and we arrived at the back gate at about 8:30am. even with our being late I was able to stake out a claim on a space that had partial shade and felt lucky to have it.

As soon as we were all out of the station wagon the girls wanted to head for the music that was coming from the merry go round. Peggy volunteered to take them over while Elle and I got the rest of our things organized at our space. I had to go back to the station wagon to get the playpen and I happened to run into one of the officials of the event. He asked if I’d heard the ”news“. I had no idea what he was talking about. When he told me that there were no porta potties I have to admit I had some really wild visions as to what was ahead. He explained that in past years the aerospace company had rented them for their picnic and then left them in place for the Chamber/Rotary event. No one had checked up on it and when they did found they were gone. It wasn’t discovered until the previous evening and in spite of many calls he said they hadn’t located all that many that could be delivered by noon. I was definitely smiling, inwardly.

To be continued...







1 comment:

badside said...

Oh boy, no porta-potties?! This should be interesting! ;^)