Wednesday, September 04, 2013

LIFE GOES ON... at home and work (Part 115b)

LIFE GOES ON... at home and work (part 115b)

The opening in the wall for the door was seven feet high. I’m guessing but we had under 3 feet between the top of the opening and the floor of the car. To get Joanne out she was told that she had to pretty much lie on the floor on her stomach then ooch her way, backwards, towards the opening. However, she was so upset that she didn't move. Hobie finally got her calmed enough to get her to acknowledge that we were doing our best to help her. I could hear her ask if she could just get on her hands and knees and back out that way. Just to get her to do anything he agreed. He told her that he would stand on the ladder and then guide her feet to the steps of the ladder. Then, step by step, he'd guide her on down. Bret and I were assigned to hold each side of the ladder to keep it from wobbling.

I’m not sure how much time it took to get her even started towards the door but it seemed like an eternity. From where Bret and I were standing we could see her feet slowly moving out. I continued to watch as Hobie, who had one of her ankles, guided her foot to the top step of the ladder. Then the second one came out... and then I saw a white pantied butt protruding from the opening right above me. OH MY HEART! On her hands and knees and in moving backward she’d lifted her back (and butt) enough so that the hem of her skirt got caught on the opening and was being pulled towards her head. With her in panic mode I just knew she had no idea of what we all were seeing. In any case, her upper body was still inside the car as Hobie guided her feet to the next step. As I stared up at her I saw something else... her panties and the back of her thighs were wet. Her panties appeared to be pasted to her bottom. I was holding on to the ladder as tight as I could and even though I knew it was a very serious situation, I also knew I had a very large bulge in my pants. I was trying to press it against the leg of the ladder to hide it with my eyes still glued to her backside.

It wasn’t until she got her head out of the car and had both hands on the top of the ladder that the hem of her skirt dropped back down and it, too, was visibly wet. However, even with that her panties were still visible to both Bret, I and Hobie (and probably to some of those gathered in the lobby) who was still guiding her feet to each step on the ladder. When she was finally on the floor she turned around to hear (and see) people clapping her successful escape. she let out a cry of distress and ran off towards the ladies room. When she did that I know I felt embarrassed for her. Thankfully, Hobie told us to go get tables to put across the openings on both floors to keep anyone from falling in. When we’d finished Trish told us that Joanne had gone home. It wasn’t a surprise especially having seen just how wet she was.

Because it was so late in the day and the elevator service people were located in the city we had to wait until the next day for the repair. Liz, the auditor with whom Joanne worked, was concerned about the files that she’d been carrying when the incident happened. She asked Bret to climb up to the car and see if he could reach them. Bret was afraid of heights so he turned to me. I was trying to get things back to normal so wasn’t exactly thrilled with the timing of the request. I won’t deny that I shot him a ”look” but, with the ladder still available, I headed towards the opening. After moving the table I climbed up and peered in on the floor of the car. The jumbled files were in reach, just off to my right. I sort of swept them towards me and gathered them up as best I could. As I started back down I scanned the whole floor to make sure I had everything. As I did I saw the puddle that Joanne had left. When we had finally gotten the door open we saw that she was huddled on the floor in the back and that was where it was located. Seeing it started another bulge. Now, as I started down, the eyes were turned on me. Even though it was nothing like Joanne had been exposed to, it was still an uncomfortable situation for me.

Bret wanted to talk to me and I knew it was about Joanne and what had happened to her. Even though I’d thoroughly enjoyed my vantage point I did feel sorry for her so made like I had someplace to go to avoid him. In spite of a whole lot of things waiting for me to handle sitting on my desk I stayed away until after I knew Bret had gone for the day. I was way late getting home and when Elle asked why, my excuse was the arrival of the bank examiners. For some reason I just didn’t want to discuss Joanne with anyone.

I couldn’t avoid it the next day because Joanne’s mother called in to say she wouldn’t be in. When Liz told me Bret was right there. As soon as she turned away he came over with a sly smile on his face. I still didn’t want to have a conversation with him about it and when he walked away I know he was puzzled. I didn’t care.

Without help Liz was being run ragged by the examiners. I asked if there was some way I could help and she declined. I tried to make her feel better assuring her that Joanne would be back the next day. However, none of us ever saw her again. Her mother came in to the bank that afternoon and met with Liz explaining that Joanne had been so embarrassed that she just couldn’t face all the people who’d seen her in distress. Liz got Hobie to talk with the woman but when she left he was convinced that it was a done deal and Joanne was no longer an employee.

To be continued...

No comments: