Wednesday, September 11, 2013

LIFE GOES ON... at home and work (Part 115e)

LIFE GOES ON... at home and work (Part 115e)

I can’t say I was overly enthusiastic about going to the party. Elle had gotten the directions and we were both surprised that we knew exactly where Jon and Ginger lived. Each of us had been past it hundreds and hundreds of times but neither of us could remember what the house looked like. When we drove up the reason was immediately evident. You could barely see it from the road. It was set back quite a ways and was set on a slight hill going away from the road. When we walked up to the door it looked quite small. Once inside our first impression was right... it was very small. Jon explained to us that it had been built as a Summer bungalow. He and Ginger bought it right after they were married with the idea of moving to a larger house after they started a family. However, they both fell in love with it because of it’s location... 300+ feet frontage on a small lake. As Jon was explaining it and I was looking around I wondered how they fit four kids into it. Even though it was a house it was almost the same space as we had when living in the mobile home. To make it work they employed the same tactic we'd used... bunk beds. They one improvement was to enclose the front porch to make a larger living room. Even with that it was still tiny.

They, like us, had parents to baby sit their kids so they weren't home. We were in the process of seeing the rest of the house when the next guests arrived so never did see the whole thing. Ginger had invited another couple that we hadn’t yet met... Phyl and Bob. She was a rather tall, plain women, a few years older than we were. Bob was an engineer with the local aerospace company. The other guests were Pat (the PTA lady) and her husband and Fritz and his wife, Nancy. Fritz upon seeing me, started talking about sailing again. It was certainly better than debating about the school board.
 
The men, as usual, gathered in the kitchen. Jon acted as bartender for everyone which was a lesson learned for me and for our next party. I certainly didn't want a repeat of Jon's brother's excesses. I did notice that Jon fixed his wife a few gin and tonics and by the time the women dragged us into the living room I could see she was a lot more ”relaxed“ than when we arrived. The women had decided that it was ”game time“ and we were going to play charades. Pat seemed to be the leader and she set up the teams. I ended up on Ginger’s team and Elle ended up on Jon’s team. I’d never played so I was at a loss as to what was going on. It was decided that each person would get a chance to perform a charade. It was obvious that the women took great glee in seeing the men make fools of themselves. Almost the last to go was Ginger and by then she was really relaxed. She was wearing a short (mid thigh) skirt that was a bit tight. Of course the men had no idea what her pantomime was about but I took great interest in watching her getting down on the floor. To say it was less than graceful is being kind. My problem was I was facing her side and didn’t get to see anything ”interesting“. But my disappointment was short lived. She was sitting on the floor with her legs straight out in front of her. She started by putting her arms out in front of her and then pulling them back towards her chest a number of times. I didn’t have a clue and neither did the other guys. She did some other motions that I still wasn’t in tune to. With time running out she then pulled her legs up towards her chest when she pulled her arms back like she’d done when she first started. Each time she did it was a fantastic view. Because her skirt was so tight she'd pulled it up around her hips and I (and everybody else) could see her panties, at least part of them. Then, almost as if she was playing to me as her audience, she turned so that I was looking straight at her. With each lift of her legs she would spread her knees a bit and I remember having to swallow. Time was soon up and it was ”row row row your boat“ that we were trying to figure out. I didn’t care that the team lost. I knew that at least I was a winner!

Elle had seen me looking at Ginger during her ”performance“ and, just before getting into our station wagon, made a negative comment about it. There wasn’t much I could say but I was smiling inside. Just after getting behind the wheel, Bob, the fellow we’d just met at the party, came up and asked me if he needed a boat to join the sailing club. It only took me a second or two to remember I had to sell my Sailfish, and soon. I didn’t lie but I didn’t give him the whole truth when I told him that it wasn’t a requirement but it would make his membership request more legitimate. He then asked if I knew of any cheap sailboats available. Bulls eye! So, between Ginger’s very generous panty peeks and Bob’s interest in my Sailfish, attending the party had some value, Elle’s unhappiness with me notwithstanding.

The monthly Board of Trustees meeting was that Wednesday and I knew my annual review should be included. I waited at my desk until almost 6pm to see Hobie and get the ”word”. I was hoping for at least a $1,000 raise and when he told me it was $260 I know I said something I shouldn’t have... but I don’t remember what it was. Hobie told me to calm down and explained that when the Board had made me an officer (and given me a raise) my anniversary date was changed to coincide with that. However, it hadn’t been explained to me. He told me that the token amount I was given was due to the efforts of the Board member who had spearheaded the adjustments for the employees. It did appease me, somewhat, but I was still disappointed. Five dollars a week wasn’t going to pay much of my outstanding bills.

To be continued... 

1 comment:

oldblue said...

Ah banks!!! As I said great at handing out titles, the money stays with the owners.
That must have been the talk of every wife at the party, or perhaps she has taken a liking to you. No more charades for you.