Thursday, September 19, 2013

LIFE GOES ON... at home and work (Part 115h)

LIFE GOES ON... at home and work (Part 115h)

When Jerene realized someone was standing behind her she, reflexively, put her right hand behind her back to pull down her blouse... only it didn’t come down all that much. She was wearing a tailored blouse that wasn’t meant to be tucked in but to be worn out. Elle had one that my mother had gotten her for Christmas and it only went a few inches below her waist line and this one appeared to be about the same. When Jerene realized how big the gap was she imediately rolled over on her right side so that she was now sitting on the floor with her legs out and facing me. It was obvious she was a bit embarrassed. Looking up at me with an innocent smile she said something like “You didn’t see anything you shouldn’t have, did you?” Totally surprised with her question, I now found myself embarrassed. I didn’t know what to say so, for a few seconds, just stood there before saying something inane about the progress she was making and then headed for the other two girls working on the floor just in front of her.

It was about 3pm when all this transpired. After seeing that they were making good progress I headed for Elena who I knew was struggling. I also knew that if I went near her that I would make her nervous and that would only slow her down even more. But, and it was a big but, I needed to make sure that she was doing the job properly. A rough guess was that the three girls on the floor were more than half way through their bins as was Katie who was working on the table behind Elena. Elena wasn’t even half way through her bin. I stopped to ask if she had any problems and when she shook her head indicating "no" I told her she was doing a good job and headed for my desk and hoped she'd pick up some speed. I could see almost the whole lobby from there and the first thing I noticed was that Jerene had moved so that her back was now facing the outside wall. With that discovery I smiled to myself.

Jerene was the first to finish and as she did I went over and picked up her bin and took it to the fire safe. I told her that she was free to go but she said she’d wait around for the others. Katie was next and soon Cee and Corrinne finished up. It was a little before the target of 5pm and I could see Elena was upset at being last. She clearly concerned, she apologized and then asked if someone would finish up for her. It was no surprise that Jerene offered because, as I’ve written before, she was very much an opportunist when it came to looking good in the eyes of management.

Selfishly, I was glad. Kaye, my youngest had her 2nd birthday on Thursday but the whole family was celebrating it that night. Elle’s mother was hosting a dinner party at 6pm and I’d started to get worried that I’d be late. Being late for a meal at her house was trouble. Jerene dove right in and after about 20 minutes called out that she was on the last of the ledgers. I’d spent a good deal of time that afternoon thinking about the panties that she was wearing and wondering about that large and noticeable crotch panty line that I’d seen. While she worked at the counter I’d walked behind her and as I did I could see the crotch line even while she was standing. There’s no other way to describe my mindset... excited and intrigued.

After locking up the fire safe I went back to my desk to get my coat and brief case. I was a bit surprised that Jerene followed me. When I realized it and turned to look at her she had what I’d call an impish look on her face. I’d seen it a few times before, usually when she was going to question a policy or procedure. I knew there would be a question... and there was... only the topic really shocked me.

She asked why I'd been so embarrassed when, back when I’d walked up behind her in the lobby, she’d asked me if I saw something that I shouldn’t have. She had her head cocked and the smile, now more of a smirk, was growing. I didn’t know what to say so I stood there, knowing that I was blushing, and said nothing. I remember her raising her eyes a bit as she waited for me to answer which put even more pressure on me. I think I took a deep breath before I started and then told her that I’d recognized the label that was showing on her panties and it had surprised me. I wasn’t lying but I knew that I had to keep going before she had a chance to ask a question and totally turn the situation around. So, I told her that the reason I recognized it was that they were the exact same kind that my wife wore and, continuing, that she couldn’t find them anymore ever since the local store that had carried them had closed. The expression on her face quickly changed. She now had a questioning look as much as if to say, without words, that she didn’t believe me. Not giving her a chance to “re-group” I forged ahead and asked her where she’d bought them.

Now, with a frown on her face, she blurted out that she didn’t know because her mother bought all her underwear. I’d not put a lot of thought into the question before I asked it so didn’t have a preconceived answer in mind but, if I had, that wouldn’t have been one of the possibilities. At that point I, again, didn’t know what to say. I think she was a bit perplexed as well but finally said something along the lines that since she was little she’d always worn the same kind. I could see the clock on the wall and I knew I was going to be late for dinner so picked up my coat and brief case. She was standing by my desk holding her coat and handbag and sort of followed my lead as we headed for the back door.

Honestly, I don’t know where I came up with the next thing I said to her. It was totally “off the cuff”. I started by asking if I could ask her a personal question. By then she had her normal half smile on her face. She looked over at me and replied something along the lines of “as long as it’s not TOO personal” and gave off a little laugh. By then we were in the vestibule at the back door. My question was “Have you ever worn nylon panties?” 

To be continued...

1 comment:

oldblue said...

OH GOD!!!!!