Tuesday, September 24, 2013

LIFE GOES ON... at home and work (Part 115j)

LIFE GOES ON... at home and work (Part 115j)

Jerene took a step out so she was now in front of the mirror and then... pulled the hem of her skirt up and stood there sort of admiring herself. From my vantage point I could now see about half her front side including a part of the nylon pantie crotch. Shock was only part of it for me and panic was the other. On many nights J J had would stop by to chat on his way out. I was frozen in place... half looking at Jerene and half looking for a body to appear from around the corner. The truth of the matter was that Jerene only took a few seconds and then was back along side my desk. The first words out of her mouth were to ask how much they cost. I didn't have an answer. I’d never given any thought to asking for money when I’d offered them to her so, dumbstruck from what I’d just witnessed  so just stood there. I can only imagine the look on my face.

It took a few seconds for me to speak but in the delay before I did I realized that she’d given me an “out”. With me giving her the panties it could’ve been perceived as me getting something in return for them. That wasn’t it at all but after I’d started the whole process I realized I’d put myself in a potentially bad situation. If she were to pay me for them it at least removed part of the awkwardness should anyone find out. The immediate problem was that I didn’t know how much they cost. I’d sent a money order to Willy when he’d sent them along with some other things for Peggy and I never broke out what each individual item cost. I stammered out that I didn’t really know but I did have the catalog at home. She wasn’t all that concerned and just passed it off saying I could tell her the next day. As we walked across the lobby towards the door I had an incredible feeling of relief.

I’d hidden the catalog in the space under the middle drawer of the desk that the previous owner of the house had left behind. Elle caught me removing the drawer and wanted to know what I was doing. I think I told her the drawer kept jamming and was trying to find out why. I'd dodged another bullet! When I got a chance I looked the panties up they were sold in wholesale lots and priced by the box. As I remember it the box was somewhere around $4.50 or so for six pair. I quickly did the math and made a mental note of it.

Jerene was there when I arrived the next morning. I smiled when I saw her smiling face looking at me but went right to my desk. After sitting down I looked down the teller line and there she was, looking right at me and pointing to an area between her hip and her groin. I couldn’t believe it. I knew exactly what she was doing... telling me she had on the nylon panties. But, she was oblivious to the thought that others could see her and with her looking straight at me... I just couldn’t believe she was so naive. I was sweating bullets. It was about an hour later when she had to bring a check for me to countersign. Fortunately, Bret was away from his desk. I saw the check in her hand but the words out of her mouth were asking me for the price of the panties. It was hard for me to reconcile how good she was as a teller and how little common sense she showed when not working. I kind of hissed “Later!” at her and shook my head in disbelief as she walked away.


I managed to avoid her for most of the day but when everyone had gone she cornered me. Now, even though I was upset with her there was still one thing that kept going through my mind... were the Carter’s panties she’d worn on Saturday a newer style than the old ones that Elle had. There were even a few moments that I lapsed into fantasy land and wondered what would’ve happened if I’d offered to trade the panties she’d been wearing for the nylon ones. Wearing her ever present big smile she sidled up to me and just raised her eyes at me, almost as if she were flirting. I knew what she wanted but first I wanted to explain to her that all of what we’d discussed and done was strictly between the two of us. I wouldn’t let her speak until I was done. As I spoke I saw the smile slowly fade. Then she surprised me again when she said she’d found out where her mother had bought the Carter’s panties. That got my attention, real quick. The she reached in her handbag and pulled out a package and I recognized it immediately. Every Carter’s product came in an individually wrapped plastic package and with distinctive graphics. She held it up and pointed to the little white price tag in the upper right hand corner. I could see the price... 89 cents and some really small print above it. I peered at the writing and could make out the word “Bloomingdale’s”. I knew of it from my mother. It was a large city based department store and I remember my mother commenting when looking at ads in the newspaper that their things were “pricey”. But the 89 cents wasn’t much more than I’d paid the last time I’d bought any for Elle. My immediate thought was that at least now I had a source for them even if I had no plans to go to the city. I was thanking Jerene for bringing them in to show me when all of a sudden my fantasy thought for trading panties came to mind.

She was still looking up at me when I asked her if she would give them to me in lieu of paying for the nylon ones. There was no shocked look on her face. I don’t think her expression changed at all. Then, in a matter of fact way said “Sure”. Now I was now holding the package of her panties and felt a little weird. I think I said “Thank you” but to shift the emphasis back to her I do remember then asking if she liked the nylon panties. Her eyes lit up and the smile widened and I got an emphatic “Yes!” The catalog was right there in my briefcase and to get out of the situation I asked if she wanted to see it. Another wide eyed and emphatic “Yes!” came forth.

As I handed it to her I reminded her not to mention any of this to anyone. I was fairly stern with her and I, again, remember her smile slowly disappearing. I then told her how to read the catalog, especially the fact that the different products were boxed differently, and, if she wanted anything she’d have to buy the whole box. She was back to being wide eyed. I think if I’d let her she would’ve perused it right then and there but I picked up my briefcase and headed for the back door with her following. By then I was thinking of the package of Carter’s Spanky Pants in my coat pocket and desperately wanting to get a look at them.

Not the same package but similar
To be continued...   


No comments: