Saturday, September 28, 2013

SETTLING IN.. or down, or something like that (Part 116b)

SETTLING IN... or down, or something like it (Part 116b)

She was waiting at the back door when I arrived on Tuesday. A big girl with a shy smile she introduced herself as Jaz. That was a short version of her last name. As you could probably guess, she was Polish. I knew that would go over well with Lori, the bookkeeping machine operator who was the unofficial leader of the ”Polish Mafia“ and who she’d be working with. I decided to short circuit the process and invited Lori to sit in on the interview. Jaz had graduated from high school almost three years earlier and had worked at various jobs that she considered ”dead end“ and was hoping to find something that would lead to a career. To me, she appeared to say all the right things but in Lori’s case I thought the Polish connection was her primary focus. In any case she was hired on the spot.

When I told Hobie about hiring Jaz he commented that we’d been lucky that Mala had made it through the ”busy period' before having her baby. He want on to say  that if Lori had had to train a new employee during that time it wouldn’t have been good. Bret and I had only known her for a year but Hobie had worked with her for five years and evidently had been a party to some bad times with her. I could only hope that my “read” on the new girl was the right one.

I took off work early on Wednesday. I wanted to personally deliver the checks to the people who’d worked with me over the previous few months. I got a good reaction from them so it was worth the time. I’d taken the station wagon since Elle had not been called to work because when I paid off the lumber yard I also wanted to get the wood for Elle’s clothes line. I’d been thinking ahead and pretty much knew that Elle would be in a real good mood when she saw what I’d brought home. I was right. I had her come out to see the wood and as mundane as it sounds it did excite her. I took advantage of it and pulled her into the garage and put my hand up her skirt. It took a bit of waiting but the warm wetness that I felt on my fingers was worth the wait. Needless to say it was early to bed that night.

The main reason for wanting to go to the party at Bob and Phyl’s house wasn’t to see panty peeks and VPL’s. It was to see how serious Bob had been about taking up sailing. After paying Rex the first money on the new (to us) Sunfish I was really excited to get the Sailfish sold. When we pulled up in front of their house both Elle and I started laughing. Right next to the driveway was a very unique tree. From one base there were three trunks. Why it was so funny was thier building lot was located exactly where Elle and I had gone to “park” so many times when we were dating. It was a creek front lot and back when we’d been going there it was a new development with only a dirt road carved out of the woods. That tree was much smaller then but it had served as our marker to get to the water. Walking in towards the house we reminisced about those times. They brought back a lot of good memories, at least for me.

The party was pretty tame even with Jon’s brother Rob there. Both Jon and Rob’s wife kept close tabs on him as far as drinking was concerned. Actually, he was a pretty funny guy even without the alcohol. As had been the norm for the two previous parties the males gathered in the kitchen while the females gabbed in the living room. I couldn’t get Rob aside to pursue the possibility of him buying the Sailfish which didn’t make me very happy. When the women finally summoned us in to join them I figured we were in for another round of charades. It was worse.

Bob and Phyl had only been in their house since September. Bob had taken slide pictures during the construction and the women had wanted to see them. Of course, Bob was very happy to oblige. Although the living room was fairly large they didn’t have very much furniture, at least enough to have twelve people sitting. That meant some had to sit on the floor. Being hostess, Phyl volunteered to give up her seat and settled in against the coffee table. I’d decided to wait to pick a spot and as Phyl settled in someone from the sofa called to her. As she turned to look at the speaker she lifted her right leg. Wearing a dark skirt made the white I saw even brighter. Not particularly attractive, it didn’t matter when it came to panty peeks. That... was the highlight of the night... at least as far as the party was concerned.

We’d been a little late getting there so didn’t get a chance to have the “tour” of the property. As we were saying our good nights I asked Bob if we could take a walk around to see the creek and the water. He said it was OK but decided to join us. That wasn’t what I had in mind when I’d asked him. I was hoping to add to the old memories that Elle and I had from our dating days. But how could I stop him since he owned the place. He’d started to build a little dock and while showing it to us he mentioned how it would be nice to have a boat to go with it. BINGO!

By the time we left Bob had committed to buying the Sailfish but he had one favor to ask, He wanted me to be a reference for him in his application to the sailing club. For one thing, to be able to do that I would have to be a member of the club and, secondly, I’d only seen him twice and really knew very little about him. Elle had filled me in a bit but that was, to me, sort of like hearsay. Driving home I was contemplating the whole situation.

I’d mentioned that I had something in mind for Elle and I when I’d asked if we could take a walk out to see the creek. As it turned out Elle had not used the bathroom before we left their house wanting to save it for me when we got home. The conversation that Bob and I had had taken a bit of time and it was too long for Elle. She knew she wouldn’t make it back into the house so, as Bob and I talked she went over by the lawn furniture and hiked up her skirt in the back and had peed right there while she watched Bob and I talk. She never mentioned it to me. At home, when we were approaching our back door, I reached under her skirt and was shocked to find a wet bottom. However, she wasn’t upset and I was the beneficiary of that. In fact, in the morning with the kids at her mother’s house and it being a Saturday I even had some “morning delight.”

To be continued...

2 comments:

oldblue said...

Great week! You scored on all fronts, can't beat that.

Pantymaven said...

Sometimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the windshield... :-)