Sunday, June 23, 2013

FURTHER ALONG... fun in the Fall (Part 111d)

We were almost to the turn off for town when Peggy asked if I still had the catalog she’d recently seen in the car. The only one I could think of was the one from Willy that I’d taken to show Judith. When I asked why she wanted it she said she’d seen something that she thought her mother might like for her upcoming birthday. I explained that it wasn’t like a Sears catalog and that some things were boxed in multiple quanities. That didn’t deter her and she, again, asked if I still had it. I told her it was at home and as soon as I did I remembered that when she’d been looking at it before I thought I’d missed an opportunity. My immediate thought was to go home first, get the things that Elle wanted and the catalog before dropping Peggy off at home. I told her I could get it if she didn’t mind waiting a bit while I collected the clothes and things. She just smiled so I headed for home.

The catalog was in my briefcase so I dug it out and took it out to her so she could occupy herself while I went about my collecting. While I was getting Elle’s ”package“ stuff together I got the idea to bring a pair of the sexy panties along to see if I could sneak them on Elle while at my parents house. Without the kids to distract her in the morning I thought I might have a chance. I knew if I didn’t bring them I’d be sorry.

It only took about six or seven minutes to get to Peggy’s house so there wasn’t much time to talk. As we pulled into her driveway I told her to look through the catalog to see if there might be some things she, herself, might like... and I mentioned slips. I just couldn’t quite bring myself to say the word ”panties“. I told her to make a list, put it in the catalog and then back into the envelope. I gave her instructions to give it to her father and I’d pick it up at his gas station. As I backed out of the driveway I checked the back yard but the clothesline was bare. It didn’t really surprise me as it was almost 6pm.

By then I knew I'd be late to the party but hoped I'd not get too much grief about it. As I walked up the path I couldn't help but see all the towels and bathing suits hanging on the clothes line but what caught my attention was the panties hanging with them. I knew about Peggy's but seeing the other pair hanging next to Elle's suit told me that she'd taken my advice and cut the sewn in panty out of it. I immediately began thinking of how much fun I'd have in the future with that arrangement.

It was pretty mundane as far as partys go. As usual, our fathers had purchased their own gifts so there were no surprises. As had been done whenever my mother hosted the party, the neighbors were invited to partake in the cake and ice cream. We went from eleven to eighteen bodies in a matter of minutes. Putting the kids together, outside, quieted things down a bit. Then the women gathered at one end of the table and the men at the other. Elle’s father was a party boat captain who took groups of people out fishing for the day. He mentioned that part of his next day’s group had cancelled and he wanted to know if any of the men wanted to go out.

Both Karen and Jeanette’s husbands were interested and they quickly talked their father in law into going along. Elle’s and my brother had to work. I would’ve liked to go but when I’d sailed to the sailing club, Rex had pleaded with me to help run the races the next day. I wanted to stay on his good side since I was hoping to get a real good deal from him on the Sunfish I committed to buy so had said I would. Elle’s father put some pressure on my father and finally got him to agree to go. That surprised me but I was glad that he had.

The most interesting thing to take place the rest of the evening was when my mother told Elle and I that we could sleep in my grandparents room. Although it had been eight years since I’d slept in the house, that room had always been ”sacred“ as far as anyone other than my grandparents using that room. In a way I felt somewhat honored. My parents headed for bed early as my mother, not in the best of health, was visibly tired from all the prep for the party. My father, knowing that 5am would be there quickly, agreed to join her. It was still warm out when they did so I suggested that Elle and I go sit out at the end of the dock like we’d done back when we were dating. I had the idea that we might reprise what we sometimes did back then. However, Elle was way ahead of me and as soon as my hand went between her legs she brushed it away.

When we got up to the bedroom Elle discovered that my mother hadn’t laid out any washcloths and towels for us. I checked where I remembered they had been those many years earlier and didn’t find any. Elle was satisfied that we could survive until morning. I watched Elle, unhappily, put on her full ”package“ as there was no protection on the mattress. We’d decided not to bring the alarms that Elle used to wake herself up at night knowing that they would upset my mother. The upstairs in my parents house had lower ceilings which made warm nights even warmer and Elle was expecting the worst.

For me it was the mattress itself. Our own mattress was nothing out of the ordinary but at least I was used to it. This one was lumpy and any sleep I got was fitful, at best. Elle was restless as well and I remember she was up at least three or four times. I heard my father going down the stairs and decided to join him. Elle was asleep when I got up. I didn’t bother to get dressed and was in just my boxers. I caught up with him in the kitchen making a pot of coffee. It’d been a while since just the two of us had chatted and, ironically, he asked if I’d done any more about a house. I told him that we’d put it on hold for the Summer but that I’d recently seen a for sale sign on a house that looked interesting. He told me to keep him posted. We saw the guys from next door gathering in their driveway so my father headed out to meet them. The sun was just beginning to rise so decided to go out to the front porch and watch it come up. It struck me as somewhat funny that in all the years I’d lived in that house as a boy I’d never taken the time to watch a sunrise and now, with three kids, it was something I wanted to see.

To be continued...

2 comments:

oldblue said...

Sunrise and set over the water or over a mountain, nothing better. the older I get the more meaningful.

Pantymaven said...

OB... you are so right!!!