Thursday, June 27, 2013

FURTHER ALONG... fun in the Fall (Part 111f)

After we ate my mother asked if I’d do her a favor and drive to town to get her a Sunday paper. That was something my father would do for her as soon as he got up on Sunday mornings but he was off fishing. Elle said she would go say good morning to the kids while I was gone. It’s less than two miles to town and usually took less than ten minutes, round trip. Waiting to make the turn off the main Road into town I glanced over to my right. The realty office where Elle’s former teacher, Vic, worked was right there. Having seen their sign in front of the house I’d taken a quick look at earlier in the week I changed my mind and pulled in. Vic was excited to see me and asked about Elle. When I asked about the house he really got excited. I asked if he had time to let me take a look at it and he hesitated for a few seconds. He explained that he had an appointment in about a half hour but quickly told me that if we made it a fast trip he could make it back in time.

The house was less than five minutes away. Seeing the it in daylight made it a lot larger than it had appeared in the fleeting light the first time I saw it. We parked in front of a two car detached garage and then walked up a path to the back door. I stepped inside to see a huge kitchen with what appeared to be new appliances. Vic explained that the owners had recently added on to the kitchen and that, yes, the appliances were new. We literally flew through the house. On the first floor was a fairly large dining room, a large living room and a den area right off of it. There was also a small bath with sink, toilet and shower. There were four bedrooms upstairs that appeared to be equal in size (approx 12’x16’) each with a large closet, something that Elle craved. The one thing I spotted as a negative was there there was only one bathroom upstairs which wasn’t much bigger that the one in our mobile home. A very quick visit to the attic up a fixed flight of stairs revealed that it was partially floored. Vic was anxious to get back to the office but I prevailed and got a peek at the basement. Not finished but it did offer plenty of potential. At that point I was the one who was excited. On the returning trip I had to offer up the inevitable question... how much?

I’d crunched the numbers to see what we could afford back when Artie had shown us the houses back in the Spring and the most we could afford back then was around $22,000. When I heard $28,000 I choked. Even the raise that came with the promotion didn’t really change our situation all that much. I thanked Vic and told him that the price was way out of line for us. The hardest part of telling him that was I knew Elle would absolutely go crazy for the house. I decided not to say anything to her because I didn’t want to have her pushing me for something that didn’t make economic sense. As I drove back with my mother’s newspaper I wished that I hadn’t stopped at the realty office.

I really don’t remember much of the day except for when Elle discovered the sexy panties. She wasn’t thrilled with them but I did elicit a promise that she’d let me ”play“ after we got home. I was surprised in that she usually didn’t want to do anything in her fancy panties but wasn’t going to complain. I did put the sails on the Sailfish and gave Danny his ride. He really took to it and as we were putting the boat away he told me that he was going to ask his grandfather to get him one for Christmas. My first reaction was that, knowing the man and how he doted on Danny, I had a ready buyer for mine. It would serve to be the down payment for the Sunfish I’d committed to. However, my conscience quickly caught up with me. No one in the family had even a clue about sailing. There was no way that I was going to sell to them and then have something go drastically wrong and have it on my conscience.

Elle wanted to get home early enough to do some of her normal weekend chores that she'd put off. We waited until the ”fishermen“ returned and it was a good move. They’d done well and we were able take some fresh bluefish (my favorite) home with  us. After loading all our ”gear“ into the station wagon I made one final pass through my parents house. It was a good thing I did because I found my mother had put Peggy’s bag and things into one of the changing rooms on the porch. As soon as I saw the bag I remembered the panties. My father was showering upstairs and my mother was talking with Elle and the girls out in the driveway. Without having to worry about anyone seeing me I dove right into the bag and found the panties folded up in her bathing suit. Nylon, my first impression was that they were new as there was no staining in the crotch area. They had the feel of satin like the Plymouth panties that Elle usually wore and the width of the crotch was almost as wide. The label didn’t help me all that much as all it said was, in script, Nylon and had the numeral 6 inside a circle. I stared at it for a few seconds and had the feeling I’d seen it before. It wasn’t coming to me and I could see Elle starting to pace so just stuffed them back into the bag.

All the way home I kept trying to remember where I'd seen the same kind of panties. I knew it wasn't all that long ago which made it even more frustrating. As I concentrated on that it got me to wondering why she'd worn such a nice pair under her suit if she was worried about getting her period. I remembered that Elle wore panties under her bathing suit back when we first started dating but as I got to know her better I accepted (and liked) it as one of her "quirks". By the time we arrived home I had two things puzzling me.

To be continued....

1 comment:

badside said...

Hi PM! I've been guilty of lurking lately. I have been reading your posts though, and enjoying them as always!

I bet it was hard not to take Peggy's panties for your collection! So close and yet so far away!